Guernsey Sir Isaac Brock statue may be built by 2014

Go down

Guernsey Sir Isaac Brock statue may be built by 2014

Post by GD on Wed 26 Dec 2012, 9:13 pm

A statue of Maj Gen Sir Isaac Brock could be built in Guernsey by October 2014, according to his descendant.

Oliver Brock said he hoped it would be in place before events to mark 200 years since the end of the War of 1812.

Gen Brock, dubbed the Hero of Upper Canada, died in 1812 leading a British, Canadian and First Nation army to victory over an invading American army.

This year commemorations were held in Canada and his home island to mark the 200th anniversary of his death.

Mr Brock said he was working with the other members of the Brock Memorial Foundation and States departments to get permission for the statue and raise the necessary funds.

......THE BOSS......

"Always be yourself because the people who mind don't matter, and the people who matter don't mind"

Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Guernsey Sir Isaac Brock statue may be built by 2014

Post by kat on Thu 27 Dec 2012, 9:16 am

Good luck with that. I tried to get permission to put a statue of our beloved George Torode ,but was refused permission.
If there is to be a statue perhaps in the Royal bank of Canada might be a suitable place for Mr Brock.
I am looking for a tree to be planted in his memory but at the moment cannot find a suitable place for it .

Number of posts : 1850
Job/hobbies : bbbbbbbbbbb
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down