Guernsey transport strategy 'informed by survey'

Go down

Guernsey transport strategy 'informed by survey'

Post by GD on Fri 23 Nov 2012, 9:15 pm

Guernsey's new transport strategy will be informed by a survey of random households in the island.

Debate on the previous strategy was postponed due to questions over who would run the island's bus services.

Environment Minister Roger Domaille, who took up the post in May, has said developing a strategy was the top priority.

The Environment Department has employed staff on a temporary basis to carry out the survey.

Selected households will receive a letter asking them to take part and if those living there agree surveys will be carried out in person.

A department spokesman said the surveyors would carry identification, but anyone with doubts or concerns should contact the department for verification.

......THE BOSS......

"Always be yourself because the people who mind don't matter, and the people who matter don't mind"

GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Guernsey transport strategy 'informed by survey'

Post by kingcolemk on Sat 24 Nov 2012, 9:08 am

' informed by a survey ' There's a lovely political sound bite for you !

What on earth can possible be difficult about organising a decent bus service on a small Island with just two focal points ?

kingcolemk

Male
Number of posts : 1040
Registration date : 2008-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Thistle on Sat 24 Nov 2012, 9:59 am

i think this will probably include paid parking,
Thistle

Female
Number of posts : 10987
Job/hobbies : housewife,mother,gardener,
Humor : sometimes
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by kat on Sat 24 Nov 2012, 10:09 am

Yes it will again. more time wasting ,but I think this time it will be passed as they need to raise an extra 2million plus .
kat

Female
Number of posts : 1850
Job/hobbies : bbbbbbbbbbb
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Dell on Sun 25 Nov 2012, 1:27 pm

Fresh look at transport plans

Some islanders in Guernsey will be receiving calls from the States asking them about their travel habits.

The Environment Department is behind the survey which will be used to help draw up a new long-term plan for transport.

It is all part of an election promise made by Environment Minister, Roger Domaille, to have a fresh debate on the future of transport.

Temporary staff have been hired to conduct the surveys in person and households have been randomly selected from the postal address registry.

They will be receiving a letter requesting them to take part in the survey.

All survey interviews will be carried out by temporary staff appointed by the Environment Department who will make contact and conduct the surveys in person.

The surveyors will carry identification, but anyone having any doubts or concerns should contact the Department for verification.

From Channel TV

"Lovely Jubbly - Cushty - Rodney, you plonker - This time next year we'll be millionaires!" Dell Trotter
Dell

Male
Number of posts : 4468
Humor : Yes please!
Registration date : 2008-12-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Thistle on Sun 25 Nov 2012, 10:16 pm

more wasted money,we need smaller buses,more regular buses and no paid parking simples .
Thistle

Female
Number of posts : 10987
Job/hobbies : housewife,mother,gardener,
Humor : sometimes
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by kat on Mon 26 Nov 2012, 7:55 am

Sorry i think paid parking will be in soon. North beach and the piers to start, we are the only place you park for free . a small payment would stop many dumped cars littering the places
kat

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by kingcolemk on Mon 26 Nov 2012, 9:29 am

kat wrote:Sorry i think paid parking will be in soon. North beach and the piers to start, we are the only place you park for free . a small payment would stop many dumped cars littering the places

This is one of you main tourist assets, so don't throw it away.

kingcolemk

Male
Number of posts : 1040
Registration date : 2008-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post by kat on Mon 26 Nov 2012, 11:39 am

Very well but we do not room for more cars on the island so we need to attract folks as foot passengers. and they can use the buses or taxi . or even hire one of the many hires cars we have over here. but encouraging all to bring their own car is not a good idea. unless they like waiting in a grid lock situation
kat

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Dell on Mon 26 Nov 2012, 7:04 pm

Paid parking is likely to be brought in soon, the T&R dept will look at the potential income generation and their balance sheet and think that it can potentially go some way to helping balance their books! If they don't tax us openly they will only do so by stealth!

"Lovely Jubbly - Cushty - Rodney, you plonker - This time next year we'll be millionaires!" Dell Trotter
Dell

Male
Number of posts : 4468
Humor : Yes please!
Registration date : 2008-12-31

Back to top Go down

Post by beaufort on Fri 02 May 2014, 8:35 pm

Listening to the debate over the last couple of days and wasn't this survey a worthwhile exercise.  smile1
beaufort

Male
Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-06-11

Back to top Go down

Post by beaufort on Thu 15 May 2014, 10:48 am

I shouldn't have been surprised at the decision arrived at by our illustrious leaders yesterday in regard to introducing paid parking but after considering this and listening to RG this morning I still have my doubts about it ever being introduced. Where is the money going to come from to improve the bus service up to an acceptable level before paid parking is introduced? This being one of the caveats.
beaufort

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by beaufort on Fri 16 May 2014, 8:04 am

This is going to run and run, (see what I did there? :new4: ) and what a surprise there is now a queue of bus companies forming offering to run a bus service. Might as well continue to hand out £millions for a non existent service.
beaufort

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down