"I'm not an idiot or a liar"

Go down

"I'm not an idiot or a liar"

Post by GD on Tue 17 Jun 2008, 9:59 pm

Jersey's Chief Minister told the States today that the Waterfront fiasco has left him wrongly portrayed as either 'an idiot' or 'a liar'.

He's accused of either being duped by the Waterfront Enterprise Board and the developers, or deliberately misleading the House.

Senator Frank Walker says he's never known such a bitter and acrimonious dispute during his 18 years in the States.

There's a vote of censure against the Bailiff. The Council of Ministers face a vote of no confidence. And Senator Walker himself also faces a vote of censure.

It comes to a head on July 1st. Senator Walker has promised a full investigation and says all the reports will be made public before the debate.

We've been asking you for your views on the Waterfront fiasco here at Channel Online. So far, eighty three per cent of you have told us you're 'appalled at the situation'. Here are a few of your comments...

"With the HDG saga, the Waterfront saga, the behaviour of politicians and Bailiff alike, the Island of Jersey seems to have well and truly pressed the self-destruct button with regard to world credibility. "

And another: "Whether Sean Power has a grevance with Harcourt is irrelevant....the Council of Ministers have been negligent and lied to other members of the States and the public that they are supposed to represent." (from CIonline)

Well is he or isn't he?....

......THE BOSS......

"Always be yourself because the people who mind don't matter, and the people who matter don't mind"

GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Re: "I'm not an idiot or a liar"

Post by Troy McClure on Wed 18 Jun 2008, 2:13 am

GD wrote:...'an idiot' or 'a liar'...
It's a trick question, the answer's both.

Troy McClure

Male
Number of posts : 604
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by mystic on Sun 22 Jun 2008, 10:28 pm

Exactly. He is being wrongly portrayed as an idiot or a liar. This should be immediately corrected, and he should be portrayed in the truthfull way, which is an idiot and a liar.

mystic

Female
Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-06-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Pegasus on Mon 23 Jun 2008, 3:39 pm

mystic wrote:Exactly. He is being wrongly portrayed as an idiot or a liar. This should be immediately corrected, and he should be portrayed in the truthfull way, which is an idiot and a liar.

Now how can you say that, the man is a politician they always tell the truth!
Pegasus

Male
Number of posts : 178
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Troy McClure on Mon 23 Jun 2008, 3:49 pm

I liked his quote from the JEP "I'm not an idiot (if he were how would he be able to tell?) or a liar (if he were he'd lie about it)"

Troy McClure

Male
Number of posts : 604
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down