Guersey chief minister nominations open

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Guersey chief minister nominations open

Post by Thistle on Tue 01 May 2012, 4:12 pm

we have a new CM deputy peter harwood won the vote 27 for 20 against..well done sir ..all we need now is a states of election that is transparent and considers the needs of islanders in these tough times

Thistle

Number of posts : 10987
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit on Tue 01 May 2012, 4:39 pm

What a shambles.

The 1st day in the chamber and the new lot have come across as totally inept, even worse than the previous bunch.

Spirit

Number of posts : 3053
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post by kingcolemk on Tue 01 May 2012, 5:34 pm

Thistle wrote:we have a new CM deputy peter harwood won the vote 27 for 20 against..well done sir ..all we need now is a states of election that is transparent and considers the needs of islanders in these tough times

You call secret meetings with missing members transparent ? From over here it looks to have all the makings of a shambolic next four years.

The blind leading the blind comes to mind.

kingcolemk

Number of posts : 1040
Registration date : 2008-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post by GD on Tue 01 May 2012, 6:23 pm

Voting in chief minister election

Peter Harwood:

Hunter Adam, Paul Arditti, Barry Brehaut, Garry Collins, David De Lisle, Roger Domaille, Matt Fallaize, Peter Gillson, Mike Hadley, Peter Harwood, David Inglis, Sandra James, Rob Jones, Jan Kuttelwascher, Allister Langlois, Michelle Le Clerc, Andrew Le Lievre, Mary Lowe, Paul Luxon, Roger Perrot, Laurie Queripel, Lester Queripel, Peter Sherbourne, Robert Sillars, Heidi Soulsby, Tony Spruce and Lyndon Trott (27)

Jonathan Le Tocq:

Elis Bebb, Al Brouard, Yvonne Burford, Richard Conder, mark Dorey, Darren Duquemin, John Gollop, Chris Green, Dave Jones, Boyd Kelly, Paul Le Pelley, Jonathan Le Tocq, Scott Ogier, Mike O'Hara, Barry Paint, Francis Quin, Kevin Stewart, Martin Storey, Gavin St Pier and Arrun Wilkie (20)

GD

Number of posts : 10122
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit on Tue 01 May 2012, 6:53 pm

Anyone know what the voting was on rewriting the rulebook?

Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by karma on Tue 01 May 2012, 11:10 pm

According to CWG the rules were changed :

New Deputies can now stand for the role of Chief Minister. Our new States members were sworn in this morning, and at an emergency meeting today, they have now agreed to change the way the Chief Minister role is elected. 26 of our politicians voted to change the rules, while 18 tried to stop it happening. Three abstained - they are Deputies Harwood, Le Tocq and Fallaize. Deputy Trott was among those voting against the changes, which have now been passed.
Female
Number of posts : 16109
Job/hobbies : travelling
Humor : warped (or so my friends inform me)
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Thistle on Wed 02 May 2012, 8:22 am

kingcole there were no secret meetings..thats what happens in the UK and not in Guernsey..the election was held in public..the vote change was held in public.if you are talking about the saac meeting that started the ball rolling to more open and transparent government 2 people were missing one was in the uk and the other one had other commitments i believe
Thistle

Female
Job/hobbies : housewife,mother,gardener,
Humor : sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by Thistle on Wed 02 May 2012, 8:24 am

even lyndon trott thought peter harwood was the best candidate .
Thistle

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by kat on Wed 02 May 2012, 8:54 am

Peter Harwood is still a hard working man .who will still do all his work with in the douzaine .that include inspecting hedges and streams ..
He is a hard working man who is also a very well respected gentleman with in the douzaine.
Jon Le T .is also a hard working and a leader .there was a close battle both were worthy . but only one could win.
i do hope Jon will get a minister place with in the states as he does have a lot to give .
I look forwards to listening to the debate to choose the ministers and their teams .
kat

Female
Number of posts : 1850
Job/hobbies : bbbbbbbbbbb
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by kingcolemk on Wed 02 May 2012, 9:07 am

Thistle wrote:kingcole there were no secret meetings..thats what happens in the UK and not in Guernsey..the election was held in public..the vote change was held in public.if you are talking about the saac meeting that started the ball rolling to more open and transparent government 2 people were missing one was in the uk and the other one had other commitments i believe

Yes I am talking about the saaac meeting. It stinks of underhand practice and manipulation.

kingcolemk

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by kingcolemk on Wed 02 May 2012, 9:08 am

Thistle wrote:even lyndon trott thought peter harwood was the best candidate .

Of course he did, and you will shortly find out why.

kingcolemk

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by plimmerton811 on Wed 02 May 2012, 8:55 pm

Thistle wrote:kingcole there were no secret meetings..thats what happens in the UK and not in Guernsey..the election was held in public..the vote change was held in public.if you are talking about the saac meeting that started the ball rolling to more open and transparent government 2 people were missing one was in the uk and the other one had other commitments i believe

"No secret meetings" a very brave comment. If we knew about them they wouldn't be secret and we don't kniow what we don't know!!

Kingcolemk and previous postings have indicated that Trott stepped down because he has been promised something, a hint has been a foreign minister type of position. If that were true then there has been some clandestine meetings and promises made to secure his vote and to remove him from the chief minister mix. I am not naive but do hope that there has been no promises of this nature made because for me it signals that the new chief minister is not above being manipulative for his own ends.

plimmerton811

Male
Number of posts : 717
Registration date : 2008-11-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Thistle on Wed 02 May 2012, 10:39 pm

we will have to wait until next week to listen to the ministerial elections...shame its not online for you people who dont live in guernsey
Thistle

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by plimmerton811 on Wed 02 May 2012, 10:44 pm

Thistle wrote:we will have to wait until next week to listen to the ministerial elections...shame its not online for you people who dont live in guernsey

Yep, that's a real shame. Decisions, decisions, Ministerial elections online or sleep, ministerial elections online or sleep. Sleep wins again. I can dream about a decent States making all the right decisions at no extra cost to the tax payer and no behind the scenes wheeling and dealing.

plimmerton811

Male
Number of posts : 717
Registration date : 2008-11-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit on Wed 02 May 2012, 11:08 pm

"The further the spiritual evolution of mankind advances, the more certain it seems to me that the path to genuine religiosity does not lie through the fear of life, and the fear of death, and blind faith, but through striving after rational knowledge."
Spirit

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by kingcolemk on Thu 03 May 2012, 9:18 am

Spirit wrote:

You got it in one ! lol!

kingcolemk

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by kingcolemk on Thu 03 May 2012, 9:20 am

Thistle wrote:we will have to wait until next week to listen to the ministerial elections...shame its not online for you people who dont live in guernsey

I may not live in Guernsey, but I seem to have more idea of what is afoot than you do. Distance often lends clarity.

kingcolemk

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Thistle on Fri 04 May 2012, 9:09 am

you think you do kingcole..it is my opinion that peter harwood was the candidate to take guernsey forward ...maybe he will be able to sort out the black hole and the high unemployment ...
Thistle

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by kingcolemk on Fri 04 May 2012, 9:18 am

Thistle wrote:you think you do kingcole..it is my opinion that peter harwood was the candidate to take guernsey forward ...maybe he will be able to sort out the black hole and the high unemployment ...

I presume you make that judgement on his track record as a Deputy then.

kingcolemk

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by kat on Fri 04 May 2012, 3:08 pm

She has probably read his report he wrote years ago .he is a very clever man and a gentleman who works hard
I have faith in him as well .as long as he chooses a good strong team he will go far .
we will after one year recall these deputies to see how they are getting on and give them a grilling .
i hope to take this forwards and call for them to join in at the different parishes they got elected to.
I know one man Lester Querepil is for this already!
kat

Female
Number of posts : 1850
Job/hobbies : bbbbbbbbbbb
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Thistle on Fri 04 May 2012, 5:38 pm

not as a deputy kingcole no ..as kat has said he is a very clever man and a gentleman..you must have heard of the harwood report re machinery of government .there again maybe you haven't...
Thistle

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by kingcolemk on Fri 04 May 2012, 5:54 pm

Yes I have. And I would remind you that 'clever' people can often be dangerous politicians.

kingcolemk

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top