Turning back time in Alderney

Go down

Turning back time in Alderney

Post by GD on Sat 24 Mar 2012, 1:23 am

If you could turn back time, where would you go?

For pupils at St Anne's School in Alderney they have been back to the Victorian age.

The museum service laid on a history lesson for students, by bringing the past to life.

Students donned Victorian costume and even went on a shopping trip down Victoria Street.

Frances Jeens of the Alderney Museum said: "The shopkeepers were very kind and helped us through our day. They had to go out and buy Victorian objects from the museum in the shops and put into practise what they've learned about the Victorian age and Victorian shops here."

Some students played the part of pauper Victorians, with a few lucky ones living the high life.

Nine-year-old James Hope-Smith said: "Today I was a rich Victorian and I found it quite interesting because they have more money so they won't have to go to as much fuss to find all the money they need to do their daily shopping around the High Street."

One hundred and fifty years on, those old-fashioned values are still very much at the heart of life in Alderney.

(from CTV)

......THE BOSS......

"Always be yourself because the people who mind don't matter, and the people who matter don't mind"

GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down