SOULSBY; Heidi Jean Renée

Go down

SOULSBY; Heidi Jean Renée

Post by GD on Sat 17 Mar 2012, 5:49 pm

Manifesto to follow...

......THE BOSS......

"Always be yourself because the people who mind don't matter, and the people who matter don't mind"

GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Re: SOULSBY; Heidi Jean Renée

Post by GD on Thu 22 Mar 2012, 12:41 pm

Hello. My name is Heidi Soulsby and I am standing as a candidate for Deputy in SE District. I hope you will be able to find time to read about me, what I stand for and what I want to achieve if you elect me as Deputy. I often hear people say, ‘all these politicians are the same’. However, I can assure you that there is no-one currently sitting in the States of Deliberation that is like me. I hope that this manifesto will make it clear that I am not a typical politician. I want to see change in the way Guernsey is governed to bring it into the 21st century.

In a nutshell, the reason I think you should vote for me, and the principal reason I am standing, is that I believe I would provide a breath of fresh air to the States of Deliberation. I have become increasingly exasperated over the last 4 years with the way the States is run. There has been a lack of accountability and transparency, operational inefficiency and absence of joined-up thinking. I believe I can make a difference.

As a Chartered Accountant, I understand the importance of balancing the books. I can tell when the figures don’t add up and when more information is required to be able to make a rational decision.

As a geography graduate, I understand the environmental issues that face Guernsey and that we ignore the effects we are having on our Island at our peril.

As a businesswoman, I understand the current economic pressures that are being faced by local businesses. I have experience across varied economic sectors and organisations. I have had board level positions in large multi-jurisdictional organisations and have experienced the challenges of running my own small business.

As a wife and mother, I understand how hard it can be to balance work and home life. I know that the cost and availability of child care is a major issue for women who want to get back to work. I care about my children’s education and the opportunities that will be available to them when they grow up, as well as being concerned about the availability of affordable housing as they start their working lives.

As a daughter, I understand the pressures facing our older generation, the rising cost of living out-pacing pensions, the availability of sheltered housing and costs of healthcare. I’m in my mid-forties and full of passion and energy to help improve this Island. Some of our Deputies are out of touch with the Guernsey people, whilst others have run out of ideas. It is now time to elect people who bring new ideas about how things can be improved and have a long term vision for a better Guernsey.

www.heidisoulsby.com

......THE BOSS......

"Always be yourself because the people who mind don't matter, and the people who matter don't mind"

GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down