WILKIE; Arrun Michael

Go down

WILKIE; Arrun Michael

Post by GD on Sat 17 Mar 2012, 5:42 pm

Manifesto to follow...

......THE BOSS......

"Always be yourself because the people who mind don't matter, and the people who matter don't mind"

GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Re: WILKIE; Arrun Michael

Post by GD on Thu 22 Mar 2012, 12:44 pm

I want to be the sort of politician that I’d vote for. An energetic politician who doesn’t sit behind a desk all day, a politician who puts islanders interests before their own.

I will make YOUR vote count.

Economy – A tight hold on finances is essential in these uncertain times. If states departments make a saving then they should hand it over to treasury. Not spend it on something else as seems to be the common practice. A strong finance industry is an essential part of our economy. Promotion and the continuing growth of this sector will always be high on the agenda. I propose to regenerate some of our forgotten industries e.g. tourism, fisheries and dairy. I also propose that we create some new industries such as tidal power and renewable energies.

Health – Our mental health facilities are not fit for purpose. The lack of investment in this department has been shameful! The social and economic cost of our governments neglect cannot be underestimated. We also need to plan what provisions to put in place for our aging population.

Population – I believe that the majority, including the government agree Guernsey should not increase the population above the current levels. However the policy councils economic growth policy seems to contradict their own policy on population levels.

Relief on Childcare – With tax relief on childcare we can give people the opportunity to go back to work and maybe increase economic growth without increasing our population.

Education – Guernsey people have always thought their education system is a cut above the UK. This proved not to be the case with the eventual release of the GCSE results. As we move through a program of improving school buildings we should also improve our education system. I am in favour of giving individual schools more control over their budgets. Spending the money where it is most needed.

Sewage Treatment – We all know in our hearts it is wrong to pipe raw sewage into the sea. I felt cheated like many others over the waste water charge. It was promoted as the start of moving away from pumping raw sewage. We have been given a technical answer to pumping raw sewage into the sea, but it is a moral question. I am a realist and understand due to our finances this project may have wait for funds to be available. I do not believe it should be shelved indefinitely.

arrunwilkie@hotmail.com

......THE BOSS......

"Always be yourself because the people who mind don't matter, and the people who matter don't mind"

GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down