BROUARD; Alvord Henry

Go down

BROUARD; Alvord Henry

Post by GD on Sat 17 Mar 2012, 5:36 pm

Manifesto to follow...

......THE BOSS......

"Always be yourself because the people who mind don't matter, and the people who matter don't mind"

GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Re: BROUARD; Alvord Henry

Post by GD on Thu 22 Mar 2012, 12:43 pm

It has been a privilege to represent the Western Parishes and serve the community, as your Deputy for the last 8 years. In the last 4 years I have served as Deputy Minister of the Social Security Department, and have recently been elected to the board of the Commerce and Employment Department.

I am 55 years old, I have been married for 24 years with one daughter. I previously worked in banking for nearly 30 years, and at the same time for some 9 years ran a small successful gardening business. Achieved associate membership of the Chartered Institute of Bankers and hold the Chartered Insurance Institute’s Financial Planning certificates 1, 2 & 3.

Keen on local community work I have been a Douzenier since 2000 having previously served as Junior and Senior Constable.

Major Issues

1. The single most important issue for the island is the economy, without the provision of good employment which in turn provides the income tax receipts through ETI needed to pay for the public services, the island would be in a very different position.
  2. Against the level of income the States receive from your taxes and fees, there is an even greater demand for services from the public; the challenge will be in resolving that dilemma.
  3. We do have a special Island, let’s not lose those things which make Guernsey special.

The present system needs to evolve, we need greater accountability of action and openness and transparency, the States has adopted the 6 Principles of Good Governance.

Focusing on purpose and outcomes – performing effectively – promoting values for the whole organisation – taking informed transparent decisions and managing risk – developing the capacity and capability to be effective – engaging stakeholders and making accountability real. It is for those who are elected to live up to that promise.

The States in delivering the services to the Island are supported by staff who work in a variety of public roles, I have been impressed with those who provide the services we as a community need. We are all well served by their professionalism and dedication.

I trust I have worked well on your behalf over the last 4 years, I have endeavoured to ensure my best in dealing with your individual concerns and in representing you in our States. I hope you will feel able to continue your support.

al.brouard@deputies.gg

......THE BOSS......

"Always be yourself because the people who mind don't matter, and the people who matter don't mind"

GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down