LE CLERC, Michelle Karen

Go down

LE CLERC, Michelle Karen

Post by GD on Sat 17 Mar 2012, 4:06 pm

Manifesto to follow

......THE BOSS......

"Always be yourself because the people who mind don't matter, and the people who matter don't mind"

GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Re: LE CLERC, Michelle Karen

Post by GD on Thu 22 Mar 2012, 12:33 pm

I am 51 years old and was born in Guernsey. I have lived in St Peter Port North for most of my life. I was educated at St Peter Port School and the Grammar School. I am a great believer in lifelong learning; I undertook my Chartered Institute of Marketing qualifications, completed my Honours degree in Financial Services through the Guernsey Business School when I was 40 and most recently have qualified in the IOD Certificate and Diploma in Company Direction with the Institute of Directors, through the Guernsey Training Agency.

I believe that my experience working in the finance industry can be put to good use. I am a qualified banker with the Chartered Institute of Bankers. I started my career with Nat West Bank and worked for the Woolwich Building Society in the UK and Guernsey. I currently work for Investec Bank (CI) Ltd. I have covered a wide variety of roles. I have developed strong management and people skills and it is those skills that I believe will benefit the people of Guernsey. If I am elected I will continue to work on a part-time basis at Investec managing their Marketing and their Corporate Responsibility programme with Amherst School and with Le Tournoi in Jersey. I have reduced my work commitment to give me enough time to devote to politics and to representing you when making important decisions about the future of the island.

Machinery of Government – I still believe that there is more work needed to bring about a “joined up” government. The States Strategic Plan was designed to ensure greater integration between departments but I believe that this is still not the case and that many departments are more concerned with their own agendas and budgets rather than acting for the greater good of the people of Guernsey. I believe we still need a more streamlined government and if this means reducing the overall number of deputies I would support this approach. We need departments to be accountable to their boards and to Policy Council. I am in favour of more executive government. Policy Council should have the power to direct individual ministers and their departments on matters of policy, without recourse on every occasion to the house.

We must however live within our means, just like every household we need to balance our income and expenditure and we must ensure that at all times we have value for money and keep the spending under control. There are still efficiencies that can and must be made. We have been used to “gold plated” services but when times are hard we must tighten our belts accordingly.

We need to make tough decisions and stand by those decisions, in the past we have made too many U-turns. It is good to see that we are continuing to invest to ensure that our vital air links are maintained. We need to ensure that we spend wisely, but also continue to invest in Capital projects such as the harbour, airport and other important infrastructure projects that will be our legacy to the next generation.

www.mkleclerc.com

......THE BOSS......

"Always be yourself because the people who mind don't matter, and the people who matter don't mind"

GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kat on Thu 22 Mar 2012, 2:34 pm

I have worked with this lady at Amherst school .she gets my vote as she is a hard working understanding lady who will roll her sleeves up and work alongside others doing work that is below most . good luck Michelle
kat

Female
Number of posts : 1850
Job/hobbies : bbbbbbbbbbb
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down