BEBB; Elis Gwyn

Go down

BEBB; Elis Gwyn

Post by GD on Sat 17 Mar 2012, 3:59 pm

Manifesto to follow..

......THE BOSS......

"Always be yourself because the people who mind don't matter, and the people who matter don't mind"

GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Re: BEBB; Elis Gwyn

Post by GD on Thu 22 Mar 2012, 12:32 pm

I came to Guernsey sixteen years ago to work in a hotel for a summer holiday and fell in love with the island. I have since moved into the finance industry. My most recent work is within the IT department of a global finance company. I know the challenges that face the finance industry as I work with colleagues around the globe on a number of large projects. Scrutinising expenditure and ensuring good value contracts are a requirement of my work and I would bring these qualities with me to the States.

Iím originally from North Wales (hence the love of rugby) where I enjoyed a bilingual schooling in Welsh and English. This background has made me realise the importance of local languages and dialects in culture and I highly commend the work of La Sociťtť Guernesiaise in their promotion of the Guernesiaise language.

I left Wales to study piano at the London College of Music and have since been an active member of countless orchestras, quartets, choirs and other music groups. I still enjoy making music and recently started learning the harp, though I must confess that my practice has fallen a little behind of late.

I have been a warden of the town church for the past six years, preserving the heritage of the island and working closely with the constables. When I first became the warden the roof and tower was shrouded in scaffold. Unfortunately, the needs of the building didnít stop there and I worked to have the whole building re-wired; not a small job considering it was the first building to get electricity in Guernsey and had never been re-wired! Part of the honour of this role is to come into regular contact with a number of people in the parish that I would otherwise never have the privilege of knowing Ė the most vulnerable members of society at some of their most distressing times in their lives. This is why I feel that we as a community should always ensure that we are there to assist these members of society as their problems are part of societyís problem, which in turn makes it our problem.

I feel passionate about Guernsey, itís heritage, itís culture and above all, itís people. I hope that this website demonstrates part of that passion and that you would entrust your vote to me.

www.elisbebb.com

......THE BOSS......

"Always be yourself because the people who mind don't matter, and the people who matter don't mind"

GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum