Would you go again?

0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 0

Bella Luce Re-Vamp

Post by GD on Tue 10 Jun 2008, 7:39 pm

One of Guernsey's foremost hotels is coming to the end of a major renovation. The revamp of the twelfth century Bella Luce follows similar investments at a number of Island hotels.

Reminiscing about the good times in Lucifer's - the bar - is what prompted one entrepreneur, Dix Neuf's Ian Walker, to move quickly when she came onto the market. He said:

"There's still the original founder of Lucifer's on the Island. In fact he lives in St Martin's somewhere. I don't even know his name but he rides an old sort of sit up in bed bike with a straw hat and a flower in it and he's larger than life. A terrific character. And I can remember we were all in awe of this chap. You didn't get out of line at Lucifer's. You stood there, you had your drink and then you would go from Lucifer's to maybe up the road to Les Douvres, then go down to what was the old Continental at Jerbourg Point and we kind of did the rural areas."

With the hotel opening very soon, whether the magic formula has been perfected at the Bella Luce will soon be up to Islanders and visitors to judge. (from CIOnline)

This Hotel used to serve the best steaks in the Island, I hope that it can bring back some of the "Good Old Times" again

Last edited by GD on Fri 05 Sep 2008, 12:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

......THE BOSS......

"Always be yourself because the people who mind don't matter, and the people who matter don't mind"

GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Bella Luce Re-Vamp

Post by wayside on Thu 12 Jun 2008, 8:41 pm

Used to go there in the distant past and the renovations look very good so will give it a try again when its all open.
wayside

Male
Number of posts : 700
Humor : If Its Funny, Its Funny
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Digger on Thu 12 Jun 2008, 8:46 pm

I went there years ago i cant remember what it looked like ,must have been a good night lol but i will try it soon. Wink

"The best way to predict the future is to invent it".

Digger

Male
Number of posts : 7134
Job/hobbies : Motorsport, Photography, Gardening.
Humor : Absolutely !!
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top