Guernsey to increase tourism adverts on internet

Go down

Guernsey to increase tourism adverts on internet

Post by GD on Tue 10 Jan 2012, 6:32 pm

There will be more digital marketing of Guernsey in 2012, according to the island's director of tourism.

Jason Moriarty said both heritage and culinary sites would be used to see which produced the best results.

A 46-page e-brochure of the island is due to be sent to 9,000 walkers in February and the Visit Guernsey website is due to be relaunched in April.

However, he said print remained the main medium for the island's strategy throughout the season.

Mr Moriarty said TV advertising, which Jersey has included in its 2012 campaign, "was never going to be featured" in Guernsey's own campaign.

He said: "We did all the homework, we looked at the costs, we looked at what it was going to be to roll that out and when you look at our overall marketing budget it is not conducive.

"We have to focus and spend money very wisely to get the best value so for Guernsey that is about print, digital and looking at exhibitions and really sending those messages far and wide over a sustained period, which is going to take us right from March through to the end of October."
(from BBC)

......THE BOSS......

"Always be yourself because the people who mind don't matter, and the people who matter don't mind"

GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Guernsey to increase tourism adverts on internet

Post by Thistle on Fri 13 Jan 2012, 8:17 am

tourists still wont come as guernsey has priced itself out of the market ..no cheap ciggies,booze now,eating out,cost of hotels etc etc ..
Thistle

Female
Number of posts : 10987
Job/hobbies : housewife,mother,gardener,
Humor : sometimes
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by karma on Fri 13 Jan 2012, 12:34 pm

But - they might just be flocking to see 'first hand' those gorgeous buildings along Les Banques!!!
Female
Number of posts : 16109
Job/hobbies : travelling
Humor : warped (or so my friends inform me)
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by kingcolemk on Fri 13 Jan 2012, 2:39 pm

Guernsey's biggest tourist shortage is decent self catering accommodation. I have looked in vain for good, economical accommodation of this type around the coastline. And I reckon I know the Island quite well, so what chance has the occasional or new visitor got ?

kingcolemk

Male
Number of posts : 1040
Registration date : 2008-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Thistle on Fri 13 Jan 2012, 3:27 pm

there is no economical tourist accommodation in guernsey..thats why we have no tourists...its also very expensive to get here x
Thistle

Female
Number of posts : 10987
Job/hobbies : housewife,mother,gardener,
Humor : sometimes
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by kingcolemk on Fri 13 Jan 2012, 4:57 pm

There are a few what I would call economical ( IE Less than a B & B hotel ) self catering units, but they are all in the middle of the Island. ( Often at the bottom of someone's garden )

I don't think that Guernsey needs to be too expensive. We come down with our car on the Clipper with Club Class down and a cabin home. Stay at one of the best hotels on the Island with full board for a week for well under 1000. That ain't bad for an upper end trip. There are plenty of people would be quite happy to get a weeks holiday for that, or even a lot less if they slum it a bit.

kingcolemk

Male
Number of posts : 1040
Registration date : 2008-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down