Alderney brochure cover competition winner announced

Go down

Alderney brochure cover competition winner announced

Post by GD on Mon 07 Nov 2011, 7:20 pm

Fans of VisitAlderney on Facebook and visitors to the island have chosen the photograph that will appear on the front cover of the 2012 Alderney brochure. The winning photograph competed for votes against ten other shortlisted images. Of the 396 people who voted, the winning image received 35% (140) of the public’s votes. The lucky winner, Holly Webster, entered her photograph of a scenic view of Fort Quesnard with a clear azure blue sea in the foreground. She will receive two return tickets to the UK courtesy of Aurigny Air Services, the official sponsors of the competition and will have her image displayed on the front cover of the 2012 Alderney Brochure.

Holly Webster (18 years) is currently on a gap year, but is still pursuing her interests in photography. Holly said “I was so pleased to find out that I had won the competition.

I have just finished an Art and Design course at Guernsey College of Further Education and am looking into going to University to study a degree in Photojournalism. Winning the competition was a great step forward for me and to have my photo on the cover for visitors to see is fantastic. I also have my own website and blog and this is great publicity for me and for getting my work out there.”

Joanna Parmentier, Marketing Manager for VisitAlderney said “Once again it has been a great competition and we are delighted with the results. The standard of photos entered were very high and it would have been a tough decision to make, had it been left entirely to us. We are extremely pleased with the number of entrants which were double those of last year, from 90 entries in 2010 to 173 this year”.

A panel of judges were selected; its members were made up from our website design agency, creative consultants and our brochure designer. The entries were narrowed down to ten shortlisted images and these were taken to the public vote. An online survey was emailed to the Alderney brochure mailing list of in excess of 14,000 and the winning photo was selected.

Joanna Parmentier, Marketing Manager for VisitAlderney said “It is always a difficult task selecting the front cover photo for the brochure, so, what better way of choosing it than a competition. Not only does it allow our Facebook fans to show off their beautiful images of Alderney, but it also gets the island’s residents and visitors involved. A big thank you to all who entered; there are some beautiful shots of our island and many thanks to those who took the time to vote. The interest in the competition has been great and has exceeded our expectations (from ICfeed)

......THE BOSS......

"Always be yourself because the people who mind don't matter, and the people who matter don't mind"

GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down