Airport Upgrade

Go down

Airport Upgrade

Post by Thistle on Mon 31 Oct 2011, 9:19 am

So our esteemed minister for the environment tells us it was a close call to sign the contract with lagan...i would be interested to know why for the past few months trant have been preparing groundworks at the back end of the airport ..offices have appeared a couple of fields away from houses on the route des bas courtil..it certainly appears the signing was only a wink and a nod x Rant
Thistle

Female
Number of posts : 10987
Job/hobbies : housewife,mother,gardener,
Humor : sometimes
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Airport Upgrade

Post by kat on Mon 31 Oct 2011, 2:46 pm

Caught them in the act eh!You should have phoned the radio they would have been interested in this or perhaps the press
kat

Female
Number of posts : 1850
Job/hobbies : bbbbbbbbbbb
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by kingcolemk on Mon 31 Oct 2011, 2:58 pm

Is it not possible for anyone to win a contract for work in Guernsey without being accused of underhand dealings ? It seem to happen on all major contacts that someone starts insinuating things.

kingcolemk

Male
Number of posts : 1040
Registration date : 2008-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Thistle on Mon 31 Oct 2011, 5:31 pm

nobody is saying it is underhand kingcole...all i said was our environment minister had said it was touch and go to getting it signed on time but groundworks had already started therefore it wasnt so touch and go was it xxx...
Thistle

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by plimmerton811 on Mon 31 Oct 2011, 7:06 pm

A close call getting it signed on time with the contractor is different to knowing the decision had been made to go ahead with the project and making preparations just in case it is signed on time.

plimmerton811

Male
Number of posts : 717
Registration date : 2008-11-01

Back to top Go down

Post by kingcolemk on Mon 31 Oct 2011, 7:12 pm

One of your States members is though. Talking about using his own money to fund an enquiry into the bidding process.

The hospital extension farce was another case in point. That cost you millions extra because of bitching against the Guernsey company who were the cheapest bidder.

kingcolemk

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Digger on Mon 31 Oct 2011, 7:25 pm

Trust me this was all sorted out ages ago , the states did their usual ploy saying it was a close thing . We did not need outside contractors at all just a few advisers , our tradesmen could do this , the situation at the moment is things are getting tight on the construction side of things . I know this AGAIN why bring in labour when we have loads , and before any one says they are specially trained "CRAP"

"The best way to predict the future is to invent it".

Digger

Male
Number of posts : 7134
Job/hobbies : Motorsport, Photography, Gardening.
Humor : Absolutely !!

Back to top Go down

Post by Thistle on Mon 31 Oct 2011, 9:08 pm

kingcolemk wrote:One of your States members is though. Talking about using his own money to fund an enquiry into the bidding process.

The hospital extension farce was another case in point. That cost you millions extra because of bitching against the Guernsey company who were the cheapest bidder.

kingcole what the heck r u on about nobody has said anything about money etc etc..for gods sake man you are the one talking about money pull your neck in please and get a life.
Thistle

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Thistle on Mon 31 Oct 2011, 9:12 pm

plimmerton811 wrote:A close call getting it signed on time with the contractor is different to knowing the decision had been made to go ahead with the project and making preparations just in case it is signed on time.

plimmerton yes the decision was made but it hadnt been signed off...this work has been going on for several months now there are even office like buildings which i can see from the bottomof my garden x
Thistle

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by kingcolemk on Tue 01 Nov 2011, 7:31 pm

Thistle wrote:
kingcolemk wrote:One of your States members is though. Talking about using his own money to fund an enquiry into the bidding process.

kingcole what the heck r u on about nobody has said anything about money etc etc..for gods sake man you are the one talking about money pull your neck in please and get a life.

Don't understand your comment here in respect of what I said. Did you read it correctly ?

kingcolemk

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ploughman on Tue 01 Nov 2011, 9:14 pm

The work at the back of the airfield is for the pollution containment tanks which will stop any pollution entering the stream behind the silversmiths, this was going to happen irrespective of any runway developement.
ploughman

Male
Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2008-03-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Thistle on Wed 02 Nov 2011, 7:47 am

thank you for that ploughman ...@kingcole yes i did read it correctly.i havent heard of any deputy who has suggested using his own m,oney to investigate the bidding process..as for the hospitalthat arguement was put to bed a long time ago..yes i thought it was wrong that fallas didnt get the hospital contract . looking at some of the damp stains on the ceilings in there at the moment i think the contractor should be made to go back in there and do the relevant repairs x
Thistle

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Digger on Wed 02 Nov 2011, 9:29 pm

The Guernsey grapevine says that the main contractor is bringing tractors and trailers to avoid buying road diesel . Time will tell.

"The best way to predict the future is to invent it".

Digger

Male
Number of posts : 7134
Job/hobbies : Motorsport, Photography, Gardening.
Humor : Absolutely !!

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit on Wed 02 Nov 2011, 10:36 pm

Tractors still need to use road diesel unless they are used for agriculture.

"The further the spiritual evolution of mankind advances, the more certain it seems to me that the path to genuine religiosity does not lie through the fear of life, and the fear of death, and blind faith, but through striving after rational knowledge."
Spirit

Male
Number of posts : 3053
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Dell on Sun 25 Nov 2012, 1:36 pm

Airport closing for two days

There will be no flights in and out of Guernsey Airport for two days this week.

Anyone planning on travelling should be aware the Airport will close from Monday night (26th November) at 9pm and will not re-open until Thursday at 6.30am.

During the closure, contractors will work round-the-clock to reconstruct a 50-metre stretch of runway and extend the safety area. Four thousand tonnes of materials will be laid.

The States are calling the work "one of the most significant and complex stages" of the 23 million upgrade of the Airport.

There is one more closure to come next week. The airport will close from 9pm on Monday 3 December, and the airfield will re-open at 6.30am on Thursday 6 December.

Around 800 airport neighbours have been warned that the work will create an increase in night-time noise. Project manager Gerry Prickett said neighbours had been extremely understanding and positive about the works.

He said: "For a project on this scale, you are not going to be able to avoid there being some disturbance, but by and large most people appreciate the importance of this work and have been very tolerant and understanding."

Special arrangements will be in place at the airport in case of any medical emergencies.

Lagan Construction, who is carrying out the work, operates a 24-hour hotline, and anyone directly affected by the construction works is being encouraged to call 238222 to report any undue disturbance.

Channel TV

"Lovely Jubbly - Cushty - Rodney, you plonker - This time next year we'll be millionaires!" Dell Trotter
Dell

Male
Number of posts : 4468
Humor : Yes please!
Registration date : 2008-12-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down