Advertising Alderney gets a boost

Go down

Advertising Alderney gets a boost

Post by GD on Thu 13 Oct 2011, 6:50 pm

Alderney’s States has been praised for substantially increasing its marketing budget.

Members are planning to spend an extra £85,000 in 2012 in an attempt to attract more permanent residents and businesses.

At Thursday night's people’s meeting Peter Raphael said: "I made a comment at a past people’s meeting that I thought the marketing budget was pathetically small.

"I see the budget has been increased substantially for 2012 and I welcome that expenditure, but it is qualified – it depends where that money is going to be spent."

Convener Geoffrey Sargent said: "There is a drive towards persuading people that this is an attractive place to come and live, as well as being a good place to work. Much of that additional marketing budget is aimed at that. The outcomes will start being realised in 2013 and beyond."

States chief executive Roy Burke said: "The extra money is going to economic development issues. We’re in the process of creating an economic development plan with Island Analysis, so it’s difficult to predict what additional income we will receive when the plan has not yet been written."

Questions were also asked about Fort Tourgis, Alderney Housing Association and the new water filtration plant.

The October States meeting will take place at the Courthouse from 5.30pm next Wednesday (19 October).

......THE BOSS......

"Always be yourself because the people who mind don't matter, and the people who matter don't mind"

GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down