You won't belive this !!!

Go down

You won't belive this !!!

Post by Digger on Mon 15 Aug 2011, 10:36 pm

I went to the recycling yard on Sunday to have a mouch , as i stood by the electrical skip a bloke came in with two DVD players and one video player , he said as he was putting them in the skip that there was nothing wrong with them he had got sky now and could record on that , within a few seconds some bloke cut off the cables and placed them in a bag he was carrying which was full of the same thing . i did not want them but someone might have , a chap next to me said it was not allowed . They are collecting it for scrap .

My question is when are they going to stop this sort of thing going on , its not fair for people that are looking for something they could use . i hope they stop this now ..

"The best way to predict the future is to invent it".

Digger

Male
Number of posts : 7134
Job/hobbies : Motorsport, Photography, Gardening.
Humor : Absolutely !!
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down

Re: You won't belive this !!!

Post by plimmerton811 on Tue 16 Aug 2011, 8:22 am

Digger wrote:I went to the recycling yard on Sunday to have a mouch , as i stood by the electrical skip a bloke came in with two DVD players and one video player , he said as he was putting them in the skip that there was nothing wrong with them he had got sky now and could record on that , within a few seconds some bloke cut off the cables and placed them in a bag he was carrying which was full of the same thing . i did not want them but someone might have , a chap next to me said it was not allowed . They are collecting it for scrap .

My question is when are they going to stop this sort of thing going on , its not fair for people that are looking for something they could use . i hope they stop this now ..

Loads of places now have a sort of shop where the usable rubbish is resold, mainly run by charities. Ours is called the Trash Palace. The name says it all but you do get some interesting bargains.

plimmerton811

Male
Number of posts : 717
Registration date : 2008-11-01

Back to top Go down

Post by steve177 on Tue 16 Aug 2011, 7:50 pm

They used to have a container that you could put working equipment in for reuse, they have stopped that now.

They have stopped people cutting off cables and now do this themselves.

The person you saw was probably a staff member.

There are signs up saying not to cut cables and to leave all non ferrous metals with a staff member.

steve177

Male
Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2009-12-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Digger on Tue 16 Aug 2011, 10:54 pm

It was not a member of staff Steve , as i know the bloke he is a chippy . They have got a load of cameras up which are recording everything that is going on .

What is more annoying is some wait there for hours grabbing everything that they can sell either on Facebook ebay or any similar sites .

I Thought the idea behind this facility is to assist people who can ill afford to buy either new or second hand , perhaps more policing this site by staff .

"The best way to predict the future is to invent it".

Digger

Male
Number of posts : 7134
Job/hobbies : Motorsport, Photography, Gardening.
Humor : Absolutely !!

Back to top Go down

Post by Thistle on Wed 17 Aug 2011, 7:45 am

one of the bigger charity shops on the bridge that advises citizens goes down to the recycle yard picks up goods and takes them back to the shop to sell them at what are expensive prices for a charity shop...
Thistle

Female
Number of posts : 10987
Job/hobbies : housewife,mother,gardener,
Humor : sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by kat on Wed 17 Aug 2011, 8:57 am

I know someone who make a lots of money a week on it all .they makes a killing on it and is there every day.gave their job up and went on the dole ..
my daughter went down there and took some electric stuff a chap asked her for it but was scared of this "gang " who was collecting it all.
they had a scam going on down there .so they left what they had in the car and gave it to the chap after working hours .it was no good to then but was what he needed to fix something he had .
this is what is going on .someone is taking it to make up other stuff then selling it on ..
It is good it is being recycled but a shame someone is making a fortune out of it all ..

kat

Female
Number of posts : 1850
Job/hobbies : bbbbbbbbbbb
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by underhaded on Wed 08 Feb 2012, 10:44 pm

This is not a recycle yard it is a free glorified Dump

underhaded

Male
Number of posts : 1