Coboís chips among the best of British

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Coboís chips among the best of British

Post by GD on Fri 08 Jul 2011, 5:47 pm

COBO Fish Bar has been recognised in a national magazine as one of the top five traditional chippies in Britain.

Menís magazine Esquire is running a feature in its August edition about fish and chips, in which it lists the top five traditional and the top five contemporary chippies Ė placing Cobo fourth in the traditional list.

The magazine said of Cobo: ĎTucked around the corner from a petrol station [now closed], this nicotine-yellow, corrugated iron shack is not about to win any beauty competitions. But the locals donít queue to admire its aesthetics: the Channel Islands have the best, freshest fish in the UK, and when itís landed at Cobo Bay, Guernsey, its journey from sea to fryer is all of 10 metres.í

Chip shop manager Bernard Robinson said he was delighted but shocked by the news, as he was not even aware the chip shop had been assessed. (from GEP)

......THE BOSS......

"Always be yourself because the people who mind don't matter, and the people who matter don't mind"

GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Coboís chips among the best of British

Post by kat on Fri 08 Jul 2011, 6:39 pm

Well done Bernie ..you have been keeping us in good chips for many years now!
kat

Female
Number of posts : 1850
Job/hobbies : bbbbbbbbbbb
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit on Fri 08 Jul 2011, 7:52 pm

Everytime I go there, the chips are very poor, I would rate it as the worst on the island. The only thing it has going for it is the location.

Since when have they been catching cod in Cobo? That is a new one on me.

"The further the spiritual evolution of mankind advances, the more certain it seems to me that the path to genuine religiosity does not lie through the fear of life, and the fear of death, and blind faith, but through striving after rational knowledge."
Spirit

Male
Number of posts : 3053
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Thistle on Sat 09 Jul 2011, 10:02 am

i thought the same thing spirit...yes they have the location but the quality of the food is very hit and miss..i went there on wednesday night for the first time in ages and they were very good but they cant seem to keep up a good standard of food..where as at beetons the food is always excellent just too far to get them home still hot...just a little tip for all you chippy fans never ever put them in a carrier bag as that will make the batter and chips go soggy x
Thistle

Female
Number of posts : 10987
Job/hobbies : housewife,mother,gardener,
Humor : sometimes
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top