'Apprentice' Glenn, Zoe have pet food bust-up

Go down

'Apprentice' Glenn, Zoe have pet food bust-up

Post by GD on Wed 01 Jun 2011, 7:39 am

Apprentice candidates Glenn Ward and Zoe Beresford clash and bicker on this week's instalment of the BBC One reality show.

Ward is made Project Manager of Team Venture by Lord Sugar, but he fails to bring any authority to the role as he attempts to lead the group's pet food advertisement challenge.

The 28-year-old decides to overrule and disregard Beresford, Leon Doyle and Helen Milligan's ideas and focus group research to promote a diet product for cats, which annoys his teammates.

Beresford complains: "I'm feeling really deflated and annoyed about the task. For us to have spent all morning coming up with ideas and for Glenn to come along and just go, 'No way', I think it's a really silly move by him."

The relationship sours further when Beresford and the sub-team burst into hysterics at Ward's "See the light" tagline for their product.

"I don't appreciate you guys laughing. This is supposed to be a business task and it needs to be a bit more professional," complains the project manager.

Speaking to the cameras, he adds: "The other sub team seem to be thinking this is a bit of a joke. I think they need to be put back in their place and remember that I'm the project manager and when you're a manager you deserve respect from your colleagues. I'm going to be firm but fair on them and make them realise don't mess with me."

However, Ward's attempts to take control backfire as Beresford hits back and ends up hanging up the phone on him.

"The respect works two ways and when we've spent a morning coming up with an entire concept with the research group and everything, as you told us to do, you cut us off dead within two minutes at the supermarket," she says. "You earn respect and that's how it's done."

Tabloid reports earlier this month claimed that Ward and Beresford were "madly in love" by the end of their time together on the show.

The Apprentice airs tonight at 9pm on BBC One (from DS)

......THE BOSS......

"Always be yourself because the people who mind don't matter, and the people who matter don't mind"

Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

Back to top Go down