Catherine Middleton Quay for Alderney?

Go down

Catherine Middleton Quay for Alderney?

Post by GD on Mon 18 Apr 2011, 6:52 pm

Two States members in Alderney have come up with a novel way of capitalizing on the upcoming royal wedding. They have hatched a plan to rename the islandís commercial quay after soon-to-be princess Kate Middleton.

Alderney's commercial quay has recently undergone a £12 million redevelopment and two politicians think it needs a new name.

With a royal wedding on the horizon, Paul Arditti and Matt Birmingham think Alderney could capitalise on the royal fever by naming the quay after the future queen.

Matt Birmingham said: ďWhen Paul suggested naming the quay it just struck me that with the royal wedding very much in the forefront of everybodyís mind, it might be a suitable way for Alderney to commemorate it by naming it after Kate Middleton.

ďThere have been other suggestions such as the Homecoming Quay, which would be very Alderney, but for me I feel that it gives us maybe some marketing opportunities that we could actually use by naming it after a royal and thereís always the case that it could be a good excuse for a royal visit.Ē

Mr Arditti fully agrees with his States colleague and can even imagine locals giving the quay a royal nickname.

Paul Arditti said: ďI think itís a very good idea. It has all sorts of spin-off which Iím sure Matt will develop for you but also there could be a nickname, Kateís Quay, and that I think is so Alderney.Ē

But while Kateís Quay has States support, islanders are not so sure - it is already prompted heated debate amongst locals. (from CTV)

......THE BOSS......

"Always be yourself because the people who mind don't matter, and the people who matter don't mind"

GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down