Zero-Ten Gets Royal Assent.

Go down

Zero-Ten Gets Royal Assent.

Post by Deebay on Tue 22 Mar 2011, 4:04 pm

ThisIsGuernsey Article

Hmm... so it's been approved by the 'Queen' now, so it's all legal and above board. Not in the eyes of the EU though.
I'm not commenting on the pros-and-cons of Zero-Ten here, I know that there are many locals who believe it should never have existed in the first place.
What is worrying, and should be of concern to all, is that despite legislation being passed in the correct way, the EU can flex its muscles over a non-member (this of course means that Guernsey has no MEP to represent it) if it decides it doesn't like it.
Well, they haven't done much to help the island in the past. Remember that it was EU subsidies to Holland and Spain that killed the island's tomato industry. Maybe the island should have flexed its muscles then and declared their strategy 'unfair', as the EU does now over tax.
They cannot even compromise for a few thousand Sarnians who do not enjoy full 'free movement' within the EU... those with no UK birth or ancestral ties. Yet they expect this for their citizens arriving in Guernsey for work.
Be very careful.... housing laws may be next on their hit-list.

Deebay

Female
Number of posts : 155
Registration date : 2008-12-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Zero-Ten Gets Royal Assent.

Post by Thistle on Tue 22 Mar 2011, 6:30 pm

nothing would surprise me about the eu and the uk..guernsey keeps following them like a little boy lost
Thistle

Female
Number of posts : 10987
Job/hobbies : housewife,mother,gardener,
Humor : sometimes
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down