Travelling to France

Go down

Travelling to France

Post by GD on Mon 14 Feb 2011, 4:37 pm

Jersey and France have a health agreement that helps to cover emergency medical treatment if you are admitted to hospital when visiting France. To get this cover you will need an attestation certificate.

What is an attestation certificate?


If you are a British or French National, the attestation certificate is what you will need to take with you any time you visit France (for up to 3 months). The certificate covers you for 80% of any in-patient treatment that you may require in the event of an emergency.
Do I need medical insurance if I have an attestation certificate?


Yes. The attestation certificate only covers you for 80% of any emergency in-patient treatment. You are required to pay the remaining 20%.
It does not cover:

  • ambulance travel
  • all other medical and dental treatment (including any out-patient treatment)
  • prescribed medicines

If you pay the full cost of emergency hospital in-patient treatment the French authorities will not give a refund. If in doubt only pay 20% and contact us for advice on how to deal with medical accounts.
Who can have an attestation certificate?


The health agreement only covers Jersey residents who are either British or French Nationals. If you are of another nationality you will not be covered under this agreement and will need to have your own private medical insurance.
What if I am not a British or French National but my child is?


If your child is over 16 and they are a British or French National they can apply for an attestation certificate themselves. If they are under 16 then you must complete the form on behalf of your child and an attestation certificate will be given with only your child’s name on it.
How do I get an attestation certificate?


You will need to complete an application form. You can do this by:

  • coming into the Social Security Department and completing a form either at reception or in the Health Zone. One of our advisors will give you the attestation certificate straight away
  • phoning us and asking us to post a form to you (please apply at least 2 weeks before going to France)
  • download the form and either bring it in or post it

Download attestation application form (size 627kb)
How long does the attestation certificate cover me for?


You can use the certificate for any stay in France up to 3 months. The certificate itself is valid for 12 months from the date you got it, so you can take it on as many visits as you need in those 12 months.

After 12 months you must renew your certificate. You need to bring your certificate into us and we will stamp it while you wait. Each stamp extends your certificate for 12 more months and each certificate can last up to 5 years.


......THE BOSS......

"Always be yourself because the people who mind don't matter, and the people who matter don't mind"

avatar
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Location : Channel Islands
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Travelling to France

Post by karma on Mon 14 Feb 2011, 8:02 pm

Is this something new? Have never heard about it before and travel to France a lot!!!
avatar
karma

Female
Number of posts : 16109
Location : Guernsey/Australia
Job/hobbies : travelling
Humor : warped (or so my friends inform me)
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Travelling to France

Post by Dell on Mon 14 Feb 2011, 8:08 pm

Errr.... does Guernsey have a similiar arrangement as Jersey? If not.... what??? .


"Lovely Jubbly - Cushty - Rodney, you plonker - This time next year we'll be millionaires!" Dell Trotter
avatar
Dell

Male
Number of posts : 4468
Location : Guernsey
Humor : Yes please!
Registration date : 2008-12-31

Back to top Go down

Re: Travelling to France

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum