London Luton Airport introduces holographic announcers

Go down

London Luton Airport introduces holographic announcers

Post by GD on Mon 31 Jan 2011, 7:08 pm

London Luton Airport has become the first airport in the world to introduce holographic announcers.
The project is part of a series of initiatives aimed at simplifying the security process at the airport.
Custom designed for London Luton Airport, the holograms, in both male and female versions, are technically referred to as tensator virtual assistants.
They have been affectionately dubbed "Holly" and "Graham" by airport staff.
Security

The holograms will initially be used in the airport's security search area to communicate important security messages as passengers pass from check-in to the departure lounge
Glyn Jones, Managing Director London Luton Airport, said: "We wanted an application that would do two things; be really compelling from a communications point of view, and also to be really consistent.
"Holly and Graham are not going to have a hangover; they're not going to have a row with their partner the night before.
"They're going to say exactly the same thing in exactly the same way, in a way which we think is extremely compelling."
(from BBC)

......THE BOSS......

"Always be yourself because the people who mind don't matter, and the people who matter don't mind"

GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Re: London Luton Airport introduces holographic announcers

Post by bug1 on Tue 01 Feb 2011, 3:56 pm

So Holly never answers back or has a headache.Can you wrap one up and I'll take it with me!!!!!!!!!!!
bug1

Male
Number of posts : 4062
Registration date : 2008-12-24

Back to top Go down