Davina McCall defends 'Biggest Loser'

Go down

Davina McCall defends 'Biggest Loser'

Post by GD on Tue 11 Jan 2011, 6:51 pm

Davina McCall has defended the rapid weight loss of the contestants on ITV1 reality show The Biggest Loser.

The 14 hopefuls, who are competing to lose the most weight for a 25,000 prize, shed huge amounts of weight in last night's opening episode. The most successful contestant took off 1st 13lbs in the first week of training.

Speaking about the health aspects of the programme, McCall told This Morning: "They are not crash-dieting, it's all sensible eating and exercise. That amount (1st 13lbs) is what Claire did and actually they are just kick-starting their metabolisms, and a lot of that is just fluid in the first week.

"But they are all amazing. I find it very inspirational seeing people that think they can't change their lives and they need a leg up."

The Biggest Loser continues next Monday at 9pm on ITV1 (from DS)

......THE BOSS......

"Always be yourself because the people who mind don't matter, and the people who matter don't mind"

GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Davina McCall defends 'Biggest Loser'

Post by gsyguy on Thu 13 Jan 2011, 12:43 am

its true the fatter u are the more u will loose in a short tme and as she said most is just water,they are doing something they havent done for a long time and that Move more and Sweat,along with the right amount of food during the day ,less intake than usual will do this on a daily basis,so no harm to the largest of them,boxers can loose lbs before a bout to get down to the weight or pump up by eating and pumping muscles as they may look same build they will infact increase muscle weight,muscle is heavier than Fat.
gsyguy

Male
Number of posts : 214
Job/hobbies : wet/dry/black/sometime down rite rude bnut most of all FUNNY
Registration date : 2008-04-13

Back to top Go down

Post by bug1 on Thu 13 Jan 2011, 5:11 pm

I must be all muscle then!
bug1

Male
Number of posts : 4062
Registration date : 2008-12-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit on Thu 13 Jan 2011, 7:30 pm

The biggest losers are the couch potatoes who watch this rubbish.

"The further the spiritual evolution of mankind advances, the more certain it seems to me that the path to genuine religiosity does not lie through the fear of life, and the fear of death, and blind faith, but through striving after rational knowledge."
Spirit

Male
Number of posts : 3053
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down