2nd Annual Public Charity Sprint at Vazon

View previous topic View next topic Go down

2nd Annual Public Charity Sprint at Vazon

Post by GD on Tue 14 Dec 2010, 7:48 pm

2nd Annual Public Charity Sprint in aid of the “Guernsey Society for Cancer Relief” - 16th April 2011

The inaugural Heritage Group Insurance Brokers Public Charity Sprint took place in October this year which enabled 100 members of the public to sprint their cars along the Vazon coast road over a quarter mile. Passenger rides were also available in a car of their choice (most being children) which was taken up by over 100 members of the public. The event was a huge success and importantly raised an incredible £22,000 for our nominated charity the “Pink Ladies”.
The event this year would not have been possible without the assistance of the many volunteers and our many sponsors who which included:

La Grande Mare Hotel Forest Road Garage Bedells

Oak Trust SG Hambros Sarnia Estate Agents

7dayshop.com Marlborough Trust Harrison Automotive

Regency Bedding Harsco Hire Next Generation IT

J Meerveld & Sons Nerine Trust Greg Guille

Bluchip Lombard Finance Northern Trust

Such was the success of this year’s event that it is now the intention that this will become an annual event. In 2011 this will be held on Saturday 16th April in aid of the “Guernsey Society for Cancer Relief” (GSCR)

The GSCR formed in 1983 under the guidance of Dr & Mrs Bulstrode, provides support to cancer sufferers by supplying items and services not provided by the Guernsey States under the Health or Social Security Schemes. The main role of the GSCR is to provide assistance to cancer suffers and their families. Being a local charity it enables them to react very quickly to requests and it also allows them to reach more people who genuinely need help. Most requests are received through the Palliative Care and Oncology nurses and the Social Worker, as well as doctors but direct approaches from patients are also received.

We have set ourselves an ambitious fund raising target for the 2011 Sprint of £30,000 and this money will enable the GSCR to continue supporting cancer sufferers and their families within the community.

The Sprint is for road cars, standard or modified and entries are now being taken. The cost will be £75 which will include as many runs as time allows and a three course dinner at La Grande Mare that evening. Participants will have to raise a minimum sponsorship amount of £250 to be able to enter. The individual that raises the most sponsorship will win an all expenses paid trackday with their car in France in June 2011, to include ferry crossing for them and their car, hotel accommodation and meals and a trackday. The Sprint is limited to 100 participants along with 10 “VIPs”. The latter we hope will be companies that will take adverts in the programme and/or provide sponsorship, as many kindly did this year.

Successful entrants will be decided by the Organising Committee early in 2011 which will endeavour to ensure a good mix of ages, sexes, different types of vehicles; modified, sports, classics, etc, to participate in the event entertaining for both drivers, passengers and spectators alike.

Anyone interested in participating or becoming a sponsor should e-mail stuart.butler@heritage.co.gg in the first instance for further details.

......THE BOSS......

"Always be yourself because the people who mind don't matter, and the people who matter don't mind"

GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 2nd Annual Public Charity Sprint at Vazon

Post by Dell on Tue 14 Dec 2010, 8:50 pm

Let me get my push-shang out and I'll have a go me.......

"Lovely Jubbly - Cushty - Rodney, you plonker - This time next year we'll be millionaires!" Dell Trotter
Dell

Male
Number of posts : 4468
Humor : Yes please!
Registration date : 2008-12-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Digger on Tue 14 Dec 2010, 10:16 pm

I might do this , thought about it last time but was to late , it would be good to give my baby a run .....

"The best way to predict the future is to invent it".

Digger

Male
Number of posts : 7134
Job/hobbies : Motorsport, Photography, Gardening.
Humor : Absolutely !!
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top