Tax avoidance

Go down

Tax avoidance

Post by steve177 on Tue 14 Dec 2010, 8:25 am

Pure comedy gold on BBC Radio Gsy this morning.
The director of Income Tax was talking about an amnesty for people who have been avoiding tax to come forward and pay their dues.
He was explaining how avoiding paying your income tax had a detrimental effect on society and is morally wrong.
Sorry Richard, I have all my income channeled through Jersey to avoid local high taxes, all above board as I understood it.
Where do they find these people.

This only days after Carla Mc Nutty Bow Wow said that we don't want companies comming here to avoid VAT they just turn up, and it would be silly to shoo them away.

steve177

Male
Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2009-12-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Tax avoidance

Post by karma on Tue 14 Dec 2010, 10:14 pm

.........Nutty Bow Wow also said that it would be wrong to tell them not to charge VAT!!! So be it on their heads when we all use the Internet....................
Female
Number of posts : 16109
Job/hobbies : travelling
Humor : warped (or so my friends inform me)
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Fast Robert on Thu 16 Dec 2010, 2:36 pm

steve177 (Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:25 am) wrote:Pure comedy gold on BBC Radio Gsy this morning.
The director of Income Tax was talking about an amnesty for people who have been avoiding tax to come forward and pay their dues.
He was explaining how avoiding paying your income tax had a detrimental effect on society and is morally wrong.
Sorry Richard, I have all my income channeled through Jersey to avoid local high taxes, all above board as I understood it.
Where do they find these people.

This only days after Carla Mc Nutty Bow Wow said that we don't want companies comming here to avoid VAT they just turn up, and it would be silly to shoo them away.

But the argument that you are detrimental to society and morally wrong holds true. You couldn't give a stuff about Guernsey, even though its infrastructure that the tax payer pays for, makes you richer.

Is this why Guernsey people turn a blind eye to the finance industry? That they just don't care?
Fast Robert

Male
Number of posts : 301
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by steve177 on Thu 16 Dec 2010, 4:30 pm

This site seriously needs an irony button.

steve177

Male
Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2009-12-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Digger on Thu 16 Dec 2010, 6:17 pm

I can see this catching on .............lol Lets face reality here eh , who in their right mind is going into the tax office and say i owe you money , it ain't happening now is it ..............Muppet's !!

"The best way to predict the future is to invent it".

Digger

Male
Number of posts : 7134
Job/hobbies : Motorsport, Photography, Gardening.
Humor : Absolutely !!
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by plimmerton811 on Thu 16 Dec 2010, 7:38 pm

Digger wrote:I can see this catching on .............lol Lets face reality here eh , who in their right mind is going into the tax office and say i owe you money , it ain't happening now is it ..............Muppet's !!

Why not it has worked in other jurisdictions.

plimmerton811

Male
Number of posts : 717
Registration date : 2008-11-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Fast Robert on Thu 16 Dec 2010, 8:58 pm

ok steve accepted i was hooked.

but it is so easily said by so many people....
Fast Robert

Male
Number of posts : 301
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by gsyguy on Thu 16 Dec 2010, 10:02 pm

ooo and there was me thinking that the working person had to go in and say here i owes u money,its the Finance that has to say that or the bosses hummm,if u work and have it taken out ur pay packet u pay so no ones dodging the tax are they......they know how much u get and pay,just need u to rubber stamp that letter u get in the door beginning of the year
gsyguy

Male
Number of posts : 214
Job/hobbies : wet/dry/black/sometime down rite rude bnut most of all FUNNY
Registration date : 2008-04-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum