'Doctor Who' Christmas epic title announced

View previous topic View next topic Go down

'Doctor Who' Christmas epic title announced

Post by GD on Mon 15 Nov 2010, 7:14 pm

The upcoming Doctor Who Christmas special is to be titled 'A Christmas Carol', it has been announced.

An official press statement by the BBC confirmed that the one-off episode will pay homage to Charles Dickens's acclaimed 1843 novel of the same name.

Doctor Who's executive producer Steven Moffat recently promised that the festive instalment will feature a mix of holiday fun and terrifying monsters.

He teased: "Oh, we're going for broke with this one. It's all your favourite Christmas movies at once, in an hour, with monsters. And The Doctor. And a honeymoon. And... oh, you'll see. I've honestly never been so excited about writing anything."

The series previously paid tribute to Dickens in 2005's 'The Unquiet Dead', where a fictionalised version of the esteemed Victorian author helped The Doctor and Rose foil the nefarious plans of the alien Gelth.

A preview of 'A Christmas Carol' is to air as part of Friday night's Children In Need on BBC One. (from ds)

......THE BOSS......

"Always be yourself because the people who mind don't matter, and the people who matter don't mind"

GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 'Doctor Who' Christmas epic title announced

Post by Thistle on Tue 16 Nov 2010, 8:57 am

i just hope that matt smith has improved a bit since the last series..imo he must be the worst doctor ever x
Thistle

Female
Number of posts : 10987
Job/hobbies : housewife,mother,gardener,
Humor : sometimes
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top