Sexting among Guernsey school children prompts warning

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sexting among Guernsey school children prompts warning

Post by GD on Tue 09 Nov 2010, 12:11 pm

The use of "sexting" has become an issue in some Guernsey schools according to the e-safety committee.

Sex texting is where someone takes a sexually-explicit photograph or video of themselves or someone else and sends it via their mobile phone.
Committee chair Tracey Moore said self generated abuse was increasingly common, with many sex texts being posted on the internet.
She urged parents, teachers and children to be alert to the dangers.
Ms Moore said: "There are a number of risks... with children spending excessive hours on the computer.
"I think parents just need to be aware that it's not just the computer where children are accessing the internet, but now with the increasing use of mobile phones and connectivity with the internet they too are a problem to be aware of." (from BBC)

......THE BOSS......

"Always be yourself because the people who mind don't matter, and the people who matter don't mind"

GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Sexting among Guernsey school children prompts warning

Post by Spirit on Tue 09 Nov 2010, 1:21 pm

When I was at school we had to play 'If I show you mine.......' behind the bike sheds.

"The further the spiritual evolution of mankind advances, the more certain it seems to me that the path to genuine religiosity does not lie through the fear of life, and the fear of death, and blind faith, but through striving after rational knowledge."
Spirit

Male
Number of posts : 3053
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top