Internet Explorer 9 Hits 10 Million Downloads

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Internet Explorer 9 Hits 10 Million Downloads

Post by GD on Sun 31 Oct 2010, 3:16 pm

Microsoft has revealed the beta version of Internet Explorer 9 has been downloaded by 10 million web users, just six weeks after its launch.
As research by Microsoft revealed web users only use 12 of the features in the browser regularly, the software company decided to give IE9 less-cluttered user interface. In keeping with the look of Microsoft's recent OS, Windows 7, the browser is framed in "glass" so web users see a page's content first and foremost.
IE9 also makes use of a number of functions first introduced in Windows 7, including the ability to pin sites to the taskbar, tear off a tab -- by dragging it away from the browser -- and using Windows Aero Snap to view two sites side-by-side.
"We are particularly excited about developer reaction and feedback to IE9 Beta, with 37 million pages views of our Test Drive site and 13,000 pieces of feedback submitted," Microsoft said, adding IE9 is "on track to be our fastest adopted browser ever."
The web browser hit the two million downloads mark just two days after its September 15 launch.
IE9 can be downloaded from Microsoft's site. (from PCworld)

......THE BOSS......

"Always be yourself because the people who mind don't matter, and the people who matter don't mind"

GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Internet Explorer 9 Hits 10 Million Downloads

Post by bug1 on Mon 01 Nov 2010, 7:34 pm

I'd like a free download of Windows 7 to replace this heap of junk called Vista!Bu**er MS,Mozilla is better
bug1

Male
Number of posts : 4062
Registration date : 2008-12-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Dell on Mon 01 Nov 2010, 8:07 pm

I got Windows 7 last Christmas having resisted the Vista option.

I am happy with the better functionality and ease of use over XP... which I was happy with but decided to upgrade and become a bit more 'with it'!!!!

Still undecided about IE9 though... what do other Forum members think??

"Lovely Jubbly - Cushty - Rodney, you plonker - This time next year we'll be millionaires!" Dell Trotter
Dell

Male
Number of posts : 4468
Humor : Yes please!
Registration date : 2008-12-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top