Vinery site use to be monitored

Go down

Vinery site use to be monitored

Post by GD on Mon 28 Apr 2008, 8:30 pm

Guernsey's States Property Services office says it is going to work to ensure tenants at the Fontaine Vinery Site do not break their contracts.
The States leases out the land to light industry but sets down strict rules on it being only used for storage of vehicles and equipment.
Nearby residents have complained about vehicles being driven at anti-social hours and other work.
States Property Services said it had already talked to several tenants.
John Silvester, head of estates management at States Property Services, said the office knew there had been unacceptable uses of the site and that the matter was being dealt with.
He added that the land was only temporarily leased for light industrial use.
He said: "These are just storage compounds. They have been set up here on a temporary basis for three years.
"There is 16 months left on that permission before it runs out."

mmm that word temporary its a word that seems to last a long time under the States

......THE BOSS......

"Always be yourself because the people who mind don't matter, and the people who matter don't mind"

GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Vinery site use to be monitored

Post by kat on Mon 28 Apr 2008, 9:32 pm

It is not only vineries that need monitoring.Have you notice the stock pile of stone at admiral park?
NO soon does stones go more come
they seam to spend all there time sifting and crushing these stones
[bit like the home pride flour grader]
Those who live in that area must get fed up with the dust and the constant banging of those machines
kat

Female
Number of posts : 1850
Job/hobbies : bbbbbbbbbbb
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Burtenshaw on Tue 29 Apr 2008, 7:42 am

The one factor I took from this rather autocratic press release was that it sums up the total arrogance of the last House’s attitude who did not give a toss about small local businesses and the sooner the new House gets sworn in the better. I understand that there are small local businesses which have moved out of the old Leal’s yard and are facing ruin because they have no alternative light industrial site so they can relocate.

I hope the new Ministers for Environment & C&E will learn form the horrendous lack of consultation, arrogance and down right neglect shown towards the needs of our small local ‘bread and butter’ firms by these two States Departments and provide the much needed small light industrial sites. We build monstrous banks, mind boggling extensions on churches (just look at the appalling extension put on Trinity church) all are totally out of congress with the surroundings and yet we can not provide much needed sites for small businesses which face ruin by permitting a change of use. Madness, utter madness!!!

Pete Burtenshaw

Male
Number of posts : 652
Registration date : 2008-03-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Digger on Tue 29 Apr 2008, 6:25 pm

It is vital that the new house sort this mess out peoples livelihoods are on the line i believe some have already gone to the wall . It seems the last house were blinkered towards the finance industry and thought of nothing else its the small businesses we need to give priority to.

"The best way to predict the future is to invent it".

Digger

Male
Number of posts : 7134
Job/hobbies : Motorsport, Photography, Gardening.
Humor : Absolutely !!
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Burtenshaw on Wed 30 Apr 2008, 8:07 am

Digger, I stand and give you a round of applause. I do truly hope that the new House is a breath of fresh air for small local businesses because they deserve all the support they can get and your post proves this. For those who bang on about how the finance industry is the 'be all and end all' of everything that is good in the island then take a hard long look and ask why that particular industry can throw up monstrous buildings and our bread and butter local business could not erect an outside loo...

Last edited by Pete Burtenshaw on Wed 30 Apr 2008, 8:10 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : missed a bit out)

Pete Burtenshaw

Male
Number of posts : 652
Registration date : 2008-03-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down