Save our North Plantation from Al fresco money men

Go down

Save our North Plantation from Al fresco money men

Post by Pete Burtenshaw on Sat 01 Aug 2009, 8:16 pm

Our North Plantation is under threat from a proposed development. This development consists of an Al Fresco dining area, which will allegedly destroy up 3/4 of the North Plantation. Now I am not averse to change, because change is good for the island, if it is not for changes sake. Nevertheless, repeatedly we are seeing our town and areas of our island destroyed by the greed of those who have no bloody interest in our town, island or people, because the only interests they have are only money.

This arrogance ‘must be stopped’. Guernsey is not a developer’s playground and the North Plantation is not an area, which should be destroyed so a few, can drink a cappuccino and eat a veggie wrap. Equally, the road at the back of the Plantation is a public road, your road, my road and a road, which will be made none public, has part of the development.

This development is nothing but wanton vandalism on a site of beauty. PLEASE, PLEASE via this forum give your support to retain the NP for future generations in its entirety and not allow the money men to win yet again......Gsy is under threat more from within then ever before, lets make a stand and stop this rout or we will end up like Jersey......

Pete Burtenshaw

Male
Number of posts : 652
Registration date : 2008-03-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Save our North Plantation from Al fresco money men

Post by Thistle on Sat 01 Aug 2009, 9:02 pm

this area needs to be kept as it is one of the few green lung ares in town.do not destroy its natural beauty in favour of big business

Last edited by Thistle on Sun 02 Aug 2009, 7:35 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling errors)
Thistle

Female
Number of posts : 10987
Job/hobbies : housewife,mother,gardener,
Humor : sometimes
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by karma on Sat 01 Aug 2009, 10:03 pm

I feared this once Jack got his 'boots' under the table - just looking at picures of him makes my blood run cold......but we have seen in the last few days how little notice the 'powers that be' (our elected States Representatives) care about our protests and marches....The do not care one iota what we the people want.....my parents and grandparents would be ashamed of the way they are selling off our heritage.....and the money apparently last time they sold something (I believe that was the large house at the entrance to the hospital - but correct me if I'm wrong) went into the pension pot of the Civil Service to help make up the shortfall the bad investments have left.......and yes Pete that is our land and our money - soon there will be precious little left for us to say that about!!!!!
Female
Number of posts : 16109
Job/hobbies : travelling
Humor : warped (or so my friends inform me)
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit on Sat 01 Aug 2009, 10:38 pm

That is why we need to write in to the planners with our objections. They are not politicians and will treat our letters with objectivity.

"The further the spiritual evolution of mankind advances, the more certain it seems to me that the path to genuine religiosity does not lie through the fear of life, and the fear of death, and blind faith, but through striving after rational knowledge."
Spirit

Male
Number of posts : 3053
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post by kat on Sun 02 Aug 2009, 9:28 am

Please
write to Environment Department (Planning) to object to the planning
application number 2009 / 1754 [A411190005 – P130P] lodged by Jack Honeybill in
respect of the North Plantation.

this has to be in Now so get writing

sent it to Enviroment dept

frossard house

these plans are the wrong ones and if we ignore these the revised ones will just go ahead ..
the more letters the better
kat

Female
Number of posts : 1850
Job/hobbies : bbbbbbbbbbb
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by karma on Sun 02 Aug 2009, 2:03 pm

Just wondering if anyone out there is up for this:

Haro! Haro! Haro! A l'aide, mon Prince, on me fait tort.
(Hear me! Hear me! Hear me! Come to my aid, my Prince, for someone does me wrong.)

Following this, the Criant must recite the Lord's Prayer in French.

Notre Père qui es aux cieux. Ton nom soit sanctifié. Ton règne vienne. Ta volonté soit faite sur la terre comme au ciel. Donne-nous aujourd'hui notre pain quotidien. Et nous pardonne nos offences, comme nous pardonnons à ceux qui nous ont offencés. Et ne nous induis point en tentation, mais délivre-nous du mal. Car à toi est le règne, la puissance et la gloire, aux siècles des siècles.
On hearing this, the alleged wrong-doer must cease their challenged activities until the matter is adjudicated in court. Failure to stop will lead to the imposition of a fine, whether they were in the right or not. If the Criant is found to have called Haro without a valid reason, they in turn must pay a penalty.
The Clameur in Guernsey requires that a Grace be said after the Lord's Prayer:

La Grâce de Notre Seigneur Jésus Christ,
la dilection de Dieu et la communication de Saint Esprit soit avec nous tous éternellement. Amen.

Female
Number of posts : 16109
Job/hobbies : travelling
Humor : warped (or so my friends inform me)
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by kat on Sun 02 Aug 2009, 5:12 pm

go for it .....
kat

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by kat on Mon 03 Aug 2009, 5:39 pm

passed there today ..the step has now been lowered and two steps instead of one put in and the gravel has not been glued down onto the pathway .it looks super ..
kat

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum