Back in the job - the PC his chief does not want...

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Back in the job - the PC his chief does not want...

Post by karma on Thu 04 Jun 2009, 2:31 pm

8) :-) 8)

Number of posts : 16109
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey73 on Thu 04 Jun 2009, 10:08 pm

Should you be posting whilst you're on duty PC mikey73?[/quote]

Not a policemen or even a guern, just a regular visitor to your islkand. But I find this attitude worrying it is no wonder we have problems like this when the police, are under constant pressure.

mikey73

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey73 on Thu 04 Jun 2009, 10:11 pm

Shocked cant spell either-

mikey73

Back to top Go down

Post by bug1 on Thu 04 Jun 2009, 10:13 pm

I heard the lady had a black belt in Tai Chi,so he had to restrain her!

bug1

Number of posts : 4062
Registration date : 2008-12-24

Back to top Go down

Post by karma on Thu 04 Jun 2009, 10:18 pm

mikey73 wrote:Should you be posting whilst you're on duty PC mikey73?

Not a policemen or even a guern, just a regular visitor to your islkand. But I find this attitude worrying it is no wonder we have problems like this when the police, are under constant pressure.[/quote]

Spell Police have overlooked the mistake :) .............

...............this is a forum where we discuss all manner of things (as you will have noticed) and I for one am a bit worried about the way this whole debacle has been handled - but we tend to discuss and file it away - so it is quite healthy.......We could discuss the soaps on TV but real life is more appealing if a little 'messy' at times...........don't you agree :thistle 1:

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey73 on Thu 04 Jun 2009, 10:52 pm

good point well made but the language used is over the top to say the least.

mikey73

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by karma on Thu 04 Jun 2009, 10:54 pm

Letting off steam :) probably the only place available to vent :-)
Female
Job/hobbies : travelling
Humor : warped (or so my friends inform me)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dell on Tue 28 Jul 2009, 3:55 pm

Update in today's news:

Assault copper keeps job

By Joel de Woolfson

A GRANDMOTHER has spoken of her upset after a policeman convicted of assaulting her was officially reinstated.
After having previously admitted the appeal hearing that reinstated PC Stuart Allan (pictured) in May was not lawful, the Home Department has now performed another U-turn and confirmed the panel set-up was legal - meaning the police officer is free to return to work.

His victim, Rosemary Holt, says she has been left emotionally scarred after PC Allan aggressively handcuffed her and placed her in the back of a police van.

He thought she had been drink-driving, a suspicion which proved unfounded. She said she could not understand the latest U-turn.

‘All I want to know is why. Why has he been reinstated? Nobody has ever answered that question,’ the 65-year-old said.

‘He has been found guilty through a police tribunal, the Magistrate’s Court, which I had to attend, and then the Royal Court. Each time he was found guilty and then they brought in the Devon and Cornwall police, who also found him guilty.

‘Does this decision mean that no member of the public will ever be able to complain and get justice? I’m so upset by the decision.’

Mrs Holt said reinstating an employee convicted of assault would not be acceptable in any other profession.
‘I have changed because of this,’ she said. ‘I used to be a lot more outgoing. I don’t like going out at night now and I don’t like driving the car - I have lost a lot of confidence.’

PC Allan was required to resign from the force after his conviction but appealed and was reinstated by a panel made up of deputy Home Department minister Francis Quin, Deputy Jenny Tasker and non-States member Andrew Ozanne.
HM Comptroller told Home minister Geoff Mahy in June that the appeals panel was not valid because of Mr Ozanne’s involvement and should sit again.

But following further legal consideration and information from the Law Officers, Home announced this morning that the original panel was acceptable.

‘This means that the unanimous decision taken by the panel to uphold the appeal by PC Allan stands,’ the department said in a statement.

‘The board does not consider it appropriate to make any further comment on individual Home Department staff members apart from stating that this unfortunate confusion should not arise in the future and we shall shortly have an official Police Complaints Commission in place.’

Responsibility for deciding what duties PC Allan will now carry out rests with Chief of Police George Le Page, who was unavailable for comment at the time of going to press.

Article from This is Guernsey posted on 28th July, 2009

"Lovely Jubbly - Cushty - Rodney, you plonker - This time next year we'll be millionaires!" Dell Trotter
Dell

Male
Number of posts : 4468
Humor : Yes please!
Registration date : 2008-12-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Dell on Tue 28 Jul 2009, 3:59 pm

The on-line site has 2 responses:

2 Article Comments

Truth Man
| July 28, 2009 at 3:14 pm

Well thank god for that. At long last that poor officer can continue with his life and get back to work. If any of you are wondering why I say that, take time to look at the ACTUAL TRIAL (not what the Guernsey Press chose to report) and I’m sure you will see that this is not an evil man. He could have arrested that woman, but chose to give her the benefit of the doubt and let her go. If he had arrested her he could not have been found guilty of assault. That poor officer, who gave the offending woman a second chance now has a criminal record because of a technicality. And to think the woman complained about the officer after he let her off an offence. She is the one who deserves berating in the press, not him.
I also say this: Whilst the woman can moan all day about how hard done by she is, and exaggerate the effect this case has had on her, the officer is not even allowed to speak with the press and tell his tale. Hardly fair is it?
Will you side with the woman without being in possession of the full facts? I personally hope Guernsey is more intelligent than that.

tonkie
| July 28, 2009 at 3:48 pm

At last this saga can be put to bed now and the 2 parties can get on with their lives and as for the press maybe now they can put it to bed instead of reporting it in a very one side affair, good luck pc allan, you must have very thick skin

"Lovely Jubbly - Cushty - Rodney, you plonker - This time next year we'll be millionaires!" Dell Trotter
Dell

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by bug1 on Tue 28 Jul 2009, 5:35 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong but ignoring anything the Press says(and I do frequently) I thought the Chief Officer said he didn't want this officer on his Force?
bug1

Male
Number of posts : 4062
Registration date : 2008-12-24

Back to top Go down

Post by karma on Tue 28 Jul 2009, 7:22 pm

That is correct and he sent the lady a bunch of flowers and a note apologising for the officers behaviour! So it would seem that the Chief of Police and the Courts of Guernsey are being overruled by our politicians!!! Now that is scary................
Female
Job/hobbies : travelling
Humor : warped (or so my friends inform me)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dell on Tue 28 Jul 2009, 8:08 pm

So what next?..................

What can he do? He must be kept away from the public.... surely?

Dell

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top