Plantís £101m. cost to be paid by gate fees

Go down

Plantís £101m. cost to be paid by gate fees

Post by GD on Thu 21 May 2009, 6:00 pm

PLANS for a waste plant that could eventually cost up to £101m. were released today.
In 2004, the decision to spend £80m. on a 70,000-tonne capacity incinerator was put on hold before it was eventually overturned by the States.
Public Servicesí preferred option this time around would be built and operated by Suez Environnement and couples together a material recovery facility and an energy-from-waste plant. Its initial cost has been put at £85m., with a capacity to deal with between 45,000 and 57,000 tonnes a year. A second phase could then increase this to 70,000 tonnes a year at a cost of £16m., but this would not be expected until 2026 at the earliest.
Public Services minister Bernard Flouquet hoped that people would be Ďpleasantly surprisedí by the plant on offer.
ĎWe have been through an exhaustive and rigorous selection process, as a result of which we are now able to put forward a solution that we believe best meets the islandís needs and also represents the least cost option of all the tenders received,í said Deputy Flouquet.
ĎThis is a modular solution, based on proven technologies and encompassing a high level of recycling and recovery. It can also evolve over time, with the flexibility to incorporate other waste treatment solutions in future. Overall, it represents a much better and far more sustainable method of treating our waste than landfill.í
The cost of the plant itself and its operation for 25 years will be paid for by gate fees. (from GEP)

The Dream sounds good, but will it ever happen?

......THE BOSS......

"Always be yourself because the people who mind don't matter, and the people who matter don't mind"

GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Plantís £101m. cost to be paid by gate fees

Post by kingcolemk on Thu 21 May 2009, 7:12 pm

Could it not also incorporate an oil tanker terminal which would handle a bigger range of tanker than the exiting terminal.

kingcolemk

Male
Number of posts : 1040
Registration date : 2008-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Dell on Thu 21 May 2009, 9:38 pm

Will it look as asthetically pleasing as the 'model' image?

Reality will probably look somewhat more 'industrial' and 'concrete city'! Oops..... cynical view!!

"Lovely Jubbly - Cushty - Rodney, you plonker - This time next year we'll be millionaires!" Dell Trotter
Dell

Male
Number of posts : 4468
Humor : Yes please!
Registration date : 2008-12-31

Back to top Go down

Post by bug1 on Thu 21 May 2009, 9:47 pm

I'm afraid an incineration plant will never be pretty but let's hope a decision is nearer now.
bug1

Male
Number of posts : 4062
Registration date : 2008-12-24

Back to top Go down

Post by karma on Thu 21 May 2009, 10:05 pm

Take that pill Dell - go on I've got plenty left :-)You'll have to live in St Sampsons to realise how ugly it is so don't worry!!!!
Female
Number of posts : 16109
Job/hobbies : travelling
Humor : warped (or so my friends inform me)
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by bug1 on Thu 21 May 2009, 10:18 pm

ST.SAMPSON'S 2012
bug1

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by karma on Thu 21 May 2009, 10:18 pm

Australia - here I come :-)
Female

Back to top Go down

Post by bug1 on Thu 21 May 2009, 10:26 pm

Sorry Karma but this Pic IS in Oz!
bug1

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by karma on Thu 21 May 2009, 10:30 pm

NIMBY - I'm going to the equivalent of St Martins, St Saviours or St Pierre du Bois :-)
Female

Back to top Go down

Post by kat on Thu 21 May 2009, 11:10 pm

had they used their head ,we could have had a plant like this in the place where all the rubbish is now.
it would have been out of sight as well ..
kat

Female
Number of posts : 1850
Job/hobbies : bbbbbbbbbbb
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Dell on Fri 22 May 2009, 2:28 pm

Good point Kat............ however Common Sense does seem to be somewhat in short supply!!!!!!!

"Lovely Jubbly - Cushty - Rodney, you plonker - This time next year we'll be millionaires!" Dell Trotter
Dell

Male
Number of posts : 4468
Humor : Yes please!
Registration date : 2008-12-31

Back to top Go down

Post by ginaj on Fri 22 May 2009, 9:45 pm

I like the look of the model and the recycing plans sound good to me, here`s hoping eh

ginaj

Female
Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-07-16

Back to top Go down

Post by boatyboy on Wed 15 Jul 2009, 10:22 am

Jersey to take Guernseys rubbish latest news !. Another grand expensive incinerator scheme that few wanted. We now know what they were up to behind closed doors. Growth and more growth at what cost ?

Technical and Transport Mminister Mr Mike Jackson says that Jerseys sewers need £200 million spending on them as they are in such a poor state. Further itís now clear that tourist bays on the south coast have had sewerage regularly flowing into them, although an expensive world class plant sewage treatment plant was installed.

Anyone tell the short term opportunist, politicians that more growth is an interesting idea, It might be an idea to upgrade properly Jersey structure to cope first. Doh !

The first question to which there has been no satisfactory answer, is why will the planned la Collette cathedral of garbage be so huge? Just across the sea, at Taden in Brittany, they are successfully operating a 90, 000 tonne per year incinerator. To deal with the waste from a catchment of 250,000 people! What are the Council of Ministers intending to grow Jersey's population to during the life of this plant?

http://ughitshim.blogspot.com/2009/02/rubbish-incinerator-again.html

No accountability from the paid information gatherers.

FORMER St Helier Constable Bob Le Brocq has claimed that for decades senior civil servants have denied politicians information related to the Islandís waste system.

http://www.thisisjersey.com/2009/07/13/waste-politicians-kept-in-the-dark/

Boatyboy.

boatyboy

Male
Number of posts : 176
Registration date : 2009-05-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: