Sleeping Deputy was ‘working late’

Go down

Sleeping Deputy was ‘working late’

Post by GD on Wed 13 May 2009, 6:20 pm

DEPUTY Montfort Tadier has admitted falling asleep overnight in the States building - but says he was working, not sleeping off a night on the town.
The St Brelade No 2 Deputy made a brief statement in the House today because he said he did not want other Members to get into trouble, and because of ‘false and scurrilous’ allegations that he had been drunk.
He said that he dropped off after working late in the Members’ room and the Computer room, after meetings with constituents in town.
Another politician who had gone into work just after 5.30 am is believed to have discovered the Deputy asleep in one of the conference rooms downstairs, on Friday 1 May, after the three-day States sitting.
During States question time yesterday, a number of politicians raised concerns about the incident and pressed the chairman of the Privileges and Procedures Committee about it.
No official complaint was made about the incident, according to States Greffier Michael de la Haye, who did not reveal the name of the offending States Member (from thisisjersey)

Well he probally didn't get enough sleep in the last States Meeting..lol

......THE BOSS......

"Always be yourself because the people who mind don't matter, and the people who matter don't mind"

GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Sleeping Deputy was ‘working late’

Post by Dell on Wed 13 May 2009, 7:41 pm

I suppose that there is CCTV ........ but.. it was probably not working and could not see if he remained in the States Chambers or re-entered in a 'relaxed' fashion at some late hour????

Couldn't make it up......... lol!

"Lovely Jubbly - Cushty - Rodney, you plonker - This time next year we'll be millionaires!" Dell Trotter
Dell

Male
Number of posts : 4468
Humor : Yes please!
Registration date : 2008-12-31

Back to top Go down

Post by karma on Wed 13 May 2009, 7:43 pm

Time for your next anti-cynicism pill Dell :-)
Female
Number of posts : 16109
Job/hobbies : travelling
Humor : warped (or so my friends inform me)
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Dell on Wed 13 May 2009, 7:44 pm

OK....Thanks for the reminder Karma..... here goes....

"Lovely Jubbly - Cushty - Rodney, you plonker - This time next year we'll be millionaires!" Dell Trotter
Dell

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by karma on Wed 13 May 2009, 7:46 pm

There's a good boy - all better now ....

Repeat after me - he was very, very tired and fell asleep at his desk - working for the good of the people!!!!!
Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Dell on Wed 13 May 2009, 8:07 pm

Ha.... if only........ !!!!!

Oh...... the cynical pills have started to take effect now, yes Karma, of course he was!! How jolly efficient of him!!

LOL!!

Dell

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by kiwis kitten on Wed 13 May 2009, 8:11 pm

This is soo funny....saw it on channel report with their little presentation of it..... :-)

Montfort is a member on here...I wonder if he will come and give us his side to the story !! Wink

~Desire Makes Me Weak~
Sexy Isn't what u wear.... Its How U take it off
kiwis kitten

Female
Number of posts : 13377

Back to top Go down

Post by Dell on Wed 13 May 2009, 8:14 pm

We sure hope so!!

Please give us your side of the story.....

There are always 2 versions of events......

Dell

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by karma on Wed 13 May 2009, 8:15 pm

I think it might be provident to let sleeping dogs lie :-) or is that lie???
Female

Back to top Go down

Post by bug1 on Wed 13 May 2009, 9:11 pm

It's no good telling Dell to take his pills if you forget yours karma.Give the the poor man the benefit of the doubt!
bug1

Male
Number of posts : 4062
Registration date : 2008-12-24

Back to top Go down

Post by karma on Wed 13 May 2009, 9:54 pm

Which man would that be Bug? Dell or the 'sleeper'? I believe every word I'm reading - but must confess Dell did take most of my pills :-)
Female

Back to top Go down

Post by shafted on Wed 13 May 2009, 11:09 pm

God you lot make me vomit. The Jersey threads have been essentially silent for weeks with little or no substantive comments made, despite black holes in the economy, a scathing account of the historic child abuse story in none other than the Sunday Times, children abused and unprotected by highly paid civil servants responsible for their care, the closure of perhaps the only functioning children s home on the island (that incidentally is not run by the States). The escalating cost of an incinerator that no one seems to be accountable for, the list goes on and on.......

But what gets you all going? What excites your limited neurons searching for a synapse - oh a States member admits he is in the building after hours.

No wonder this island is going to the dogs - what hope is there if you sad people are indicative of the values of our society.

This site is nothing more than a comic and no better than Planet Jersey that has decended into trolls paradise.

I sign off and will not post again until there is reasoned and sensible debate.

shafted

Male
Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2009-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post by karma on Wed 13 May 2009, 11:52 pm

shafted wrote:God you lot make me vomit. The Jersey threads have been essentially silent for weeks with little or no substantive comments made, despite black holes in the economy, a scathing account of the historic child abuse story in none other than the Sunday Times, children abused and unprotected by highly paid civil servants responsible for their care, the closure of perhaps the only functioning children s home on the island (that incidentally is not run by the States). The escalating cost of an incinerator that no one seems to be accountable for, the list goes on and on.......

But what gets you all going? What excites your limited neurons searching for a synapse - oh a States member admits he is in the building after hours.

No wonder this island is going to the dogs - what hope is there if you sad people are indicative of the values of our society.

This site is nothing more than a comic and no better than Planet Jersey that has decended into trolls paradise.

Is it Shafted or Shafter?

You sound like one very angry person - have you never heard the word 'humour' it is what gets you through life....you might want a perfect life - there was a time when we all did - but once you learn to laugh at yourself and the sh*t going down around you - you then learn to lighten up! You should try not take yourself and life so seriously - none of us gets out alive............Namaste
Desiderata

Go placidly amid the noise and the haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence. As far as possible without surrender be on good terms with all persons. Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even to the dull and the ignorant, they too have their story. Avoid loud and aggressive persons, they are vexations to the spirit.

If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain or bitter; for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself. Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans. Keep interested in your own career, however humble; it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time.

Exercise caution in your business affairs, for the world is full of trickery. But let not this blind you to what virtue there is; many persons strive for high ideals, and everywhere life is full of heroism. Be yourself. Especially do not feign affection. Neither be cynical about love; for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment it is as perennial as the grass. Take kindly the counsel of the years, gracefully surrendering the things of youth.

Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune. But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings. Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness. Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore, be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be. And whatever your labors and aspirations in the noisy confusion of life, keep peace in your soul. With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams; it is still a beautiful world. Be cheerful.

Strive to be happy.
Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpy on Thu 14 May 2009, 8:12 am

Shafted
What do you hope to achieve by a forum?
Alpy

Male
Number of posts : 3484
Humor : 'Humor is reason gone mad' G.Marx
Registration date : 2009-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by kiwis kitten on Thu 14 May 2009, 6:42 pm

shafted wrote:God you lot make me vomit. The Jersey threads have been essentially silent for weeks with little or no substantive comments made, despite black holes in the economy, a scathing account of the historic child abuse story in none other than the Sunday Times, children abused and unprotected by highly paid civil servants responsible for their care, the closure of perhaps the only functioning children s home on the island (that incidentally is not run by the States). The escalating cost of an incinerator that no one seems to be accountable for, the list goes on and on.......

Oh dear........I have only just seen this....

what a strange post :roll: he obviously did not see the humour in it.... :-)

Ahh once again i shall say

"Nowt as queer as some folk" !!

~Desire Makes Me Weak~
Sexy Isn't what u wear.... Its How U take it off
kiwis kitten

Female
Number of posts : 13377

Back to top Go down

Post by karma on Thu 14 May 2009, 6:45 pm

Very strange from someone who should have outgrown the 'angry young man' stage Shocked

Hopefully he is feeling better today 8)
Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Dell on Thu 14 May 2009, 8:33 pm

Well.... we can all have an 'off' day and have a 'rant' :Rant2: or two :Mad1: I guess!!

Dell

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by karma on Thu 14 May 2009, 8:36 pm

Hmmmmmm - very true Dell - but when the same person has a similar rant at regular intervals - it loses it's impact :x
Female

Back to top Go down

Post by bug1 on Thu 14 May 2009, 9:02 pm

we've all heard of the angry young men of the sixties,now we have the angry old man IN his sixties.As my old gran used to say"It takes all sorts"
bug1

Male
Number of posts : 4062
Registration date : 2008-12-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Dell on Thu 14 May 2009, 9:17 pm

karma wrote:Hmmmmmm - very true Dell - but when the same person has a similar rant at regular intervals - it loses it's impact :x

True...how true.....

Dell

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by karma on Thu 14 May 2009, 9:18 pm

Remember the Blood Pressure :-)
Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Simple Me on Thu 14 May 2009, 9:26 pm

Well shafted I don't see you posting anything worth debating about, I been on here waiting for some "Jersey" input to have a debate about, but as yet seen not a lot,

Troy McClure was one of the only few that had much to say, but he has gone quite, which is a shame,

So come on then shafted give me something to debate about, raise some topic's and I will certainly support the Jersey side of this forum

Simple Me

Male
Number of posts : 116
Registration date : 2008-10-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Dell on Thu 14 May 2009, 9:32 pm

Good on ya Simple Me......

We would welcome more input from our Jersey members. Do you know anyone you could invite to join?

Dell

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum