What if we did this.

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: What if we did this.

Post by Chok Dee Ja on Thu 14 May 2009, 1:38 pm

And your point is ?

Lets say someone posted that to me,it would not bother me one bit,now if i was guilty,then the forum has served a purpose

So it could be right to say such a thing

Lets look at child abuse,children have no were to go and if one day a child came on here and made a statement and it turned out to be true,oh how sweet that would be for the forum

But

On this forum such a comment would probalby be removed ,youve already stated its a no

You lack vision kk

Chok Dee Ja

Number of posts : 1537
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

Re: What if we did this.

Post by kiwis kitten on Thu 14 May 2009, 1:44 pm

No u are wrong if a child came on here and posted something like that......yes at first maybe it would be removed...but not ignored....

I for one would pass on the info to the right ppl....

If it was found out to be true ...and the person found guilty then ppl can happily continue to debate to their hearts content....

kiwis kitten

Number of posts : 13377
Registration date : 2008-03-06

Back to top Go down

Re: What if we did this.

Post by Dell on Thu 14 May 2009, 1:47 pm

Chok Dee Ja wrote:..........Lets look at child abuse,children have no were to go and if one day a child came on here and made a statement and it turned out to be true,oh how sweet that would be for the forum.........


IMO, I do not consider that your comment is helpful in this matter CDJ!!


How could it ever be "sweet for the forum"........???



.


Last edited by Dell on Thu 14 May 2009, 1:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

Dell

Number of posts : 4468
Registration date : 2008-12-31

Back to top Go down

Re: What if we did this.

Post by karma on Thu 14 May 2009, 1:47 pm

I have to say that without GD we don''t have a forum - so in my eyes that makes him the Boss!!!!

Also on another Forum - a spin off The closed Guernsey forum I am a member and got a warning on my first day for answering someone''s post and saying Sh1tfaced without the 1 - so I find this forum exceedingly free.......

I must say that some people want to talk about things I have no interest in and then get upset because they don''t get enough replies or the replies they think are suitable.....fair enough but realise we are not all the same :(


Last edited by karma on Thu 14 May 2009, 1:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

karma

Number of posts : 16109
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Re: What if we did this.

Post by Thistle on Thu 14 May 2009, 1:54 pm

i agree with karma .Without GD there wouldnt be a forum.whilst debate is good as has already been stated personal abuse on open forum or pm is wrong.having been the victim of abuse by pm i know how upsetting it can be.

Thistle

Number of posts : 10987
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down

Re: What if we did this.

Post by kiwis kitten on Thu 14 May 2009, 1:54 pm

I had warning points from another forum for posting adult stuff..LOL I thought it was hilarious.....I was being the usual KK and having double meaning posts.....

Then i had them given again for being aggressive to another member..LOL think i told him to F off.....

what would make me smile though....was they were happy to allow ppl talk quite openly and visciously about a particular local family...to the point where the children were getting to read what was said about their Parents.... :roll:

Nowt as queer as folk !!




~Desire Makes Me Weak~
Sexy Isn't what u wear.... Its How U take it off
avatar
kiwis kitten

Female
Number of posts : 13377
Location : *Tahunanui*
Registration date : 2008-03-06

Back to top Go down

Re: What if we did this.

Post by karma on Thu 14 May 2009, 1:57 pm

Yep nowt it is.....LOL
avatar
karma

Female
Number of posts : 16109
Location : Guernsey/Australia
Job/hobbies : travelling
Humor : warped (or so my friends inform me)
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Re: What if we did this.

Post by Dell on Thu 14 May 2009, 1:58 pm

I fully support GD and the Mods, not because I am now a Mod, but because we need to have this level of interaction to control those who cause offence or goad others!!

If people do not like it, they are free to leave and post elsewhere!

I would suggest that the very nature of this Forum will appeal to people and they will want to join us, as per the latest members to join on Lib Day!!




.


"Lovely Jubbly - Cushty - Rodney, you plonker - This time next year we'll be millionaires!" Dell Trotter
avatar
Dell

Male
Number of posts : 4468
Location : Guernsey
Humor : Yes please!
Registration date : 2008-12-31

Back to top Go down

Re: What if we did this.

Post by Chok Dee Ja on Thu 14 May 2009, 2:00 pm

Dell wrote:
Chok Dee Ja wrote:..........Lets look at child abuse,children have no were to go and if one day a child came on here and made a statement and it turned out to be true,oh how sweet that would be for the forum.........


IMO, I do not consider that your comment is helpful in this matter CDJ!!


How could it ever be "sweet for the forum"........???



.

because it would have saved that child from sex abuse

Chok Dee Ja

Male
Number of posts : 1537
Location : In Peace
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

Re: What if we did this.

Post by Chok Dee Ja on Thu 14 May 2009, 2:02 pm

kiwis kitten wrote:I had warning points from another forum for posting adult stuff..LOL I thought it was hilarious.....I was being the usual KK and having double meaning posts.....

Then i had them given again for being aggressive to another member..LOL think i told him to F off.....

what would make me smile though....was they were happy to allow ppl talk quite openly and visciously about a particular local family...to the point where the children were getting to read what was said about their Parents.... :roll:

Nowt as queer as folk !!


you previously stated that if someone came on here and made sexual allegations it would be a NO

Come on woman make your mind up

Chok Dee Ja

Male
Number of posts : 1537
Location : In Peace
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

Re: What if we did this.

Post by Dell on Thu 14 May 2009, 2:05 pm

Chok Dee Ja wrote:
Dell wrote:
Chok Dee Ja wrote:..........Lets look at child abuse,children have no were to go and if one day a child came on here and made a statement and it turned out to be true,oh how sweet that would be for the forum.........


IMO, I do not consider that your comment is helpful in this matter CDJ!!


How could it ever be "sweet for the forum"........???



.

because it would have saved that child from sex abuse


OK, in that context it would be helpful and therefore I accept your point, however it would potentially save the child from ongoing abuse not from abuse in the first place - if we were able to identify them, of course!


"Lovely Jubbly - Cushty - Rodney, you plonker - This time next year we'll be millionaires!" Dell Trotter
avatar
Dell

Male
Number of posts : 4468
Location : Guernsey
Humor : Yes please!
Registration date : 2008-12-31

Back to top Go down

Re: What if we did this.

Post by Chok Dee Ja on Thu 14 May 2009, 2:11 pm

Thats what i said initially if the comment was found to be true,but not only child abuse any other allegation,why should it be considered a NO as kk clearly stated,then changed her mind in the next comment.


Maybe the boss could start a thread

"child abuse" have you been abused or are being abused and need help ?

Chok Dee Ja

Male
Number of posts : 1537
Location : In Peace
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

Re: What if we did this.

Post by Anomiso on Thu 14 May 2009, 2:16 pm

Chock I actually like having you on this Forum...but permit me to make a couple of points,..well make that 3 Wink
1- GD Started this Forum and is therefore entitled to run it any way he sees fit...and I like the way he is running it!
2- The are "rules of Conduct" that we all automatically agreed to upon joining this Forum
3- Discussion are intellectually stimulating, Debates which you are a master at providing, are an excellent chance for every one to share their view...and are a lot of fun and even educational, when conducted with intelligence and good taste...Joining in just to throw insults around and showing off the basest of vocabulary, is neither entertaining nor educational...and definitely not fun...just rude
That is my humble opinion on the subject.
avatar
Anomiso

Female
Number of posts : 1968
Location : Australia
Registration date : 2009-02-03

Back to top Go down

Re: What if we did this.

Post by kiwis kitten on Thu 14 May 2009, 2:23 pm

chok u have lost me....i said its illegal to post anyones name accusing them of something thats not yet proven.....whether it be child abuse or rape..etc etc.....

as much as i would like to stay chatting i gotta a doc appointment ...but i shall be back....




~Desire Makes Me Weak~
Sexy Isn't what u wear.... Its How U take it off
avatar
kiwis kitten

Female
Number of posts : 13377
Location : *Tahunanui*
Registration date : 2008-03-06

Back to top Go down

Re: What if we did this.

Post by Chok Dee Ja on Thu 14 May 2009, 2:29 pm

I agree gd started the forum,however it is a public forum and should not be a restricted forum,i believe there is no need for so many mods on this forum the numbers of mods seem to be increasing faster than whyg membership

The fact only 2 have been banned enforces that there isnt a need for so many mods

Can you seriously say that you have been offended by any comment on this forum ?

Chok Dee Ja

Male
Number of posts : 1537
Location : In Peace
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

Re: What if we did this.

Post by Anomiso on Thu 14 May 2009, 2:33 pm

I am sure the Moderators do not enjoy banning people, Chock...the fact that only 3 (Three) have been banned is just an indication that most people are respectful of one another...
and the fact that 3 people were banned, goes to prove that Moderators are indeed needed :Aussie D 1:
avatar
Anomiso

Female
Number of posts : 1968
Location : Australia
Registration date : 2009-02-03

Back to top Go down

Re: What if we did this.

Post by GD on Thu 14 May 2009, 2:34 pm

Chok Dee Ja wrote:And your point is ?

Lets say someone posted that to me,it would not bother me one bit,now if i was guilty,then the forum has served a purpose

So it could be right to say such a thing

Lets look at child abuse,children have no were to go and if one day a child came on here and made a statement and it turned out to be true,oh how sweet that would be for the forum

But on this forum such a comment would probably be removed ,


Chok, if anything like that was to be posted on the Forum, it might be removed from the public view for legal reasons depending on the content, but every post that has been removed is vetted, and should it be thought to need further investigation is moved to a "safe area" where it can be dealt with accordingly

This Forum is watched over by the authorities, and we would work closely with them, should anything like a child saying they are abused was posted on this site,

As for starting a topic on child abuse, I leave that to you...


......THE BOSS......

"Always be yourself because the people who mind don't matter, and the people who matter don't mind"

avatar
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Location : Channel Islands
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Re: What if we did this.

Post by Thistle on Thu 14 May 2009, 2:37 pm

unless i am mistaken we have two administrators and three mods.not that many is it
avatar
Thistle

Female
Number of posts : 10987
Location : guernsey
Job/hobbies : housewife,mother,gardener,
Humor : sometimes
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down

Re: What if we did this.

Post by Chok Dee Ja on Thu 14 May 2009, 2:43 pm

Seems a lot to me

Chok Dee Ja

Male
Number of posts : 1537
Location : In Peace
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

Re: What if we did this.

Post by GD on Thu 14 May 2009, 2:56 pm

Thistle wrote:unless i am mistaken we have two administrators and three mods.not that many is it

There are two admin and five mods,

But one has to accept that we all have "Normal Lives" to lead and to be on here 24/7 is not realistic.

Some of the mods were appointed because of living in Jersey, and others because of the time they could "Watch" over the forum when others are tucked up in bed, plus we also ensured that female as well as male staff were appointed to keep a balance.

I have to make one point, that the Moderators cannot ban members, they issue warnings etc, but the final decision lays with the Admin team (Myself & Digger),


......THE BOSS......

"Always be yourself because the people who mind don't matter, and the people who matter don't mind"

avatar
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Location : Channel Islands
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Re: What if we did this.

Post by plimmerton811 on Thu 14 May 2009, 8:59 pm

kiwis kitten wrote:He was warned by Admin privately Plimmerton811..

There is no room for insults to other members on this forum.....

He chose to ignore this..so he goes...simple as that really ...:)


But the question I first set was why did it take so long to remove scooby who was obviously an obnoxious little tinker who lacked a civil word in his vocab'. By leaving him rant on several instances almost gave legitimacy to him. If warnings are sent on PM then that is fine but you warned and he carried on. After the warning why was the further postings allowed.
I do not disagree with the decision but I wondered why it took so long to reach that decsion.

plimmerton811

Male
Number of posts : 717
Location : Gods own country
Registration date : 2008-11-01

Back to top Go down

Re: What if we did this.

Post by Dell on Thu 14 May 2009, 9:05 pm

He was given the benefit of the doubt and his sense of better judgement was appealed to, however he chose to ignore the advice.

No-one wants to be removing members but you can only take so much and the majority needs to be considered!! I am not speaking for GD, but it was not a decision taken lightly!




.


"Lovely Jubbly - Cushty - Rodney, you plonker - This time next year we'll be millionaires!" Dell Trotter
avatar
Dell

Male
Number of posts : 4468
Location : Guernsey
Humor : Yes please!
Registration date : 2008-12-31

Back to top Go down

Re: What if we did this.

Post by kiwis kitten on Thu 14 May 2009, 9:07 pm

I believe he was warned privately once that if he continued to behave as he was he would be banned.. which is what happened....

As u must understand the site is not watched 24/7 so the "obnoxious little tinker" managed to sneak a few more posts in and as its only admin who have the power to ban anyone and they aren't always available it took time to remove him..lol




~Desire Makes Me Weak~
Sexy Isn't what u wear.... Its How U take it off
avatar
kiwis kitten

Female
Number of posts : 13377
Location : *Tahunanui*
Registration date : 2008-03-06

Back to top Go down

Re: What if we did this.

Post by kiwis kitten on Thu 14 May 2009, 9:08 pm

Sorry Dell....didn't know u were posting too....

:)




~Desire Makes Me Weak~
Sexy Isn't what u wear.... Its How U take it off
avatar
kiwis kitten

Female
Number of posts : 13377
Location : *Tahunanui*
Registration date : 2008-03-06

Back to top Go down

Re: What if we did this.

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum