HAVELET HOTEL - WELLINGTON BOOT RESTAURNAT

View previous topic View next topic Go down

HAVELET HOTEL - WELLINGTON BOOT RESTAURNAT

Post by karma on Sun 22 Mar 2009, 12:25 pm

They are doing an 'all year round' Bed, Breakfast and 5 course Evening Meal - plus use of the health suite for 75.00 per couple.

We went with friends on Thursday and it comes highly recommended in our opinion.

The rooms were spacious and well equiped with King Size Bed and plenty of pillows (a must in this house)....we relaxed in the bar while our friends had a Sauna and Swim.

We then went to the Wellington Boot Restaurant where they treated us regally, nothing was too much trouble - for the first time ever the menu gave me a very good choice of Vegetarian Meals and I chose Deep Fried Mozarella on a bed of Salad, followed by a Passion Fruit Sorbet (could have had Carrot and Coriander Soup) then 2 beautifully cooked Leek and Aubergine
Pancakes napped with Cheese Sauce served with Brocolli and Celery with Garlic Potatoes. The sweets looked tempting, but we chose to finish our meal with a selection of cheeses, which could not be faulted. Everybody agreed that the choices, service and food were all excellent.

Breakfast the next morning was a huge selection of cereals, fruits, yoghurts plus cheeses and ham if you wished - together with a cooked breakfast of your choice and plenty of toast and preserves - tea and coffee, as much as you wanted.....

Good value for money all round, we will return and the sooner the better - and a view to send you on your way full of the joys of spring!!!!!

Also, if you do not want the Table d'Hote Menu they give you a very (IMO) decent allowance off of the A La Carte Menu of 14.00
Female
Number of posts : 16109
Job/hobbies : travelling
Humor : warped (or so my friends inform me)
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top