States in shambles

Go down

States in shambles

Post by GD on Wed 11 Mar 2009, 8:54 pm

The States resembled a school playground yesterday as foul language and personal insults flew across the Chamber.
After days of personal animosities being vented in e-mails between States Members, the tensions erupted publicly in a bitter question time. Senator Stuart Syvret stopped proceedings in mid-flow to complain to the Deputy Bailiff, Michael Birt, that the Health Minister was whispering abusive language in his ear. He alleged that Senator Jim Perchard had told him to ‘go and top himself’.
A few moments later, Housing Minister Terry Le Main was accused of fraud by Deputy Shona Pitman.
Mr Birt, who was chairing the sitting, called on the St Helier Deputy to retract her allegations, but she repeatedly refused. Her attack was echoed by her husband, Jersey Democratic Alliance chairman Deputy Trevor Pitman, who questioned Senator Le Main’s integrity and competence.
The unpleasant exchanges began during question time as Environment Minister Freddie Cohen was answering a question. Senator Syvret stood up and said: ‘On a point of order, I am sorry to interrupt the minister. But the minister to my right, Senator Perchard, is saying in my ear “you are full of f*****g s**t, why don’t you go and top yourself, you bastard”.’
Senator Perchard immediately responded by saying: ‘I absolutely refute that. I am just fed up with this man making up allegations against people. I just wish he would not.’ (from thisisjersey)

Oh dear little babies trowing their toys out of the pram ... and these people run Jersey... Oh dear

......THE BOSS......

"Always be yourself because the people who mind don't matter, and the people who matter don't mind"

GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Re: States in shambles

Post by karma on Wed 11 Mar 2009, 9:00 pm

Until I got to Paul Syvret I thought it was about Guernsey States - we seem to have at least something in common with Jersey then!!!!!
Female
Number of posts : 16109
Job/hobbies : travelling
Humor : warped (or so my friends inform me)
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Thistle on Thu 12 Mar 2009, 7:12 am

dummies and prams come to mind.
Thistle

Female
Number of posts : 10987
Job/hobbies : housewife,mother,gardener,
Humor : sometimes
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Fast Robert on Thu 12 Mar 2009, 8:39 am

anyone know the link to the syvret blog?

he posted on thisisjersey saying there's a whole load of subtext to all this.
Fast Robert

Male
Number of posts : 301
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit on Thu 12 Mar 2009, 8:57 am

"The further the spiritual evolution of mankind advances, the more certain it seems to me that the path to genuine religiosity does not lie through the fear of life, and the fear of death, and blind faith, but through striving after rational knowledge."
Spirit

Male
Number of posts : 3053
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Fast Robert on Thu 12 Mar 2009, 10:53 am

ta
i see he hasn't updated it

fight!
Fast Robert

Male
Number of posts : 301
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit on Thu 12 Mar 2009, 11:56 am

Have you seen this?

LINKEY

"The further the spiritual evolution of mankind advances, the more certain it seems to me that the path to genuine religiosity does not lie through the fear of life, and the fear of death, and blind faith, but through striving after rational knowledge."
Spirit

Male
Number of posts : 3053
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post by boatyboy on Tue 02 Jun 2009, 9:49 pm

Paul le Claire much put down States Deputy in Jersey, shocked many by holding up the all important executive of Jersey. He said that 14 Chief executives meet every week and there is no record kept for the public to hear what they decide or think.

Interestingly he has a point as this top group of civil servants are earning as much as £275,000 pounds a year plus expenses. You would think that surely they are polite enough to tell the taxpayer paying there wages, what important words they are using to earn such amounts. I am sure some do a good a job. How are we to know ? Transparent Government it seems has not quite arrived just yet. Thanks to wonderfull internet sites like VUE DES ISLES these questions, and information can be brought to us, the people in the street and the taxpayers.

Sunshine is a great disinfectant.

BB

boatyboy

Male
Number of posts : 176
Registration date : 2009-05-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down