Waste Segregation is a Joke

Go down

Waste Segregation is a Joke

Post by Spirit on Tue 30 Dec 2008, 9:01 am

Once again Public Services have let us down.

The Fontaine Vinery site was set up so that commercial waste could be segregated rather than being dumped en-mass into Mont Cuet. A brilliant idea. They then changed the opening hours to 9am-3.30pm, meaning that the two busiest periods for builder to dump were no longer available, so most now tip at Mont Cuet and fill the dump unnecessarily.

They have now closed the site throughout the festive period so that those of us still working have no choice but to tip everything at Mont Cuet. The daft thing is that the site is being manned, but they are only accepting commercial recyclables, mainly glass from pubs and hotels. I am now heading to Mont cuet with another load which need not go into landfill but there is no other facility avaiable to me.

"The further the spiritual evolution of mankind advances, the more certain it seems to me that the path to genuine religiosity does not lie through the fear of life, and the fear of death, and blind faith, but through striving after rational knowledge."
Spirit

Male
Number of posts : 3053
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Waste Segregation is a Joke

Post by Thistle on Tue 30 Dec 2008, 9:46 am

put in an official complaint when the holiday is over spirit.
Thistle

Female
Number of posts : 10987
Job/hobbies : housewife,mother,gardener,
Humor : sometimes
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit on Tue 30 Dec 2008, 9:52 am

I will be doing yet another one.

"The further the spiritual evolution of mankind advances, the more certain it seems to me that the path to genuine religiosity does not lie through the fear of life, and the fear of death, and blind faith, but through striving after rational knowledge."
Spirit

Male
Number of posts : 3053
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Troy McClure on Tue 30 Dec 2008, 9:54 am

Sounds like the (lip)service they offered over here when they started to 're-cycle' newspapers etc.

They set up a skip near the main dump, and would shout and scowl at you if you tried to put paper on the main pile un-seperated... then after the dump closed to the public they'd tip the skip straight into the incinerator with the rest, could they didn't have any other process in place.

Troy McClure

Male
Number of posts : 604
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down