Post by Thistle on Fri 05 Jun 2009, 7:13 am

another great actor gone to the hollwood in the skies rip david

Thistle

Number of posts : 10987
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Celebrity R.I.P

Post by GD on Thu 25 Jun 2009, 6:34 pm

Actress Farrah Fawcett, who became an icon of 1970s US television, has died of cancer in Los Angeles aged 62, her spokesman has confirmed.
Fawcett is best known for starring in Charlie's Angels, and in later years for hard-hitting TV and stage roles.
Her battle with illness was chronicled in the television documentary Farrah's Story earlier this year.
The screen star's long-term partner, actor Ryan O'Neal, recently disclosed they would finally get married.
Fawcett was previously married to Lee Majors, star of The Six Million Dollar Man, from 1973 to 1982.
She and O'Neal have one son, Redmond, who is serving a prison sentence for drug offences.
As Fawcett's career was taking off, she posed in a red bathing suit for a poster which went on to sell several million copies.
Her tousled blonde locks, made famous by her role in Charlie's Angels, were emulated by fans across the globe.
The actress earned a string of Emmy and Golden Globe nominations for her small screen roles, but never won one of the major awards.
In 1995, she was honoured with a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. (from BBC News)

Gone to be one of Gods "Angels" R.I.P.

GD

Number of posts : 10122
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Thistle on Thu 25 Jun 2009, 7:59 pm

another angel for the sky r.i.p

Thistle

Back to top Go down

R.I.P.

Post by karma on Fri 26 Jun 2009, 1:43 am

Michael Jackson

Number of posts : 16109
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by GD on Fri 26 Jun 2009, 7:14 am

R.I.P Michael

......THE BOSS......

"Always be yourself because the people who mind don't matter, and the people who matter don't mind"

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
GD

Male
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by technophobe on Fri 26 Jun 2009, 7:34 am

Thistle wrote:another angel for the sky r.i.p

Is that some kind of sick joke?

Angel? A grown man who took pre-pubescent boys into his bed can hardly be referred to in that way.

technophobe

Male
Number of posts : 421
Registration date : 2008-10-13

Back to top Go down

Post by kiwis kitten on Fri 26 Jun 2009, 10:56 am

R.I.P Michael Jackson....

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

~Desire Makes Me Weak~
Sexy Isn't what u wear.... Its How U take it off
kiwis kitten

Female
Number of posts : 13377

Back to top Go down

Post by GD on Fri 26 Jun 2009, 11:17 am

The Sun newspaper today reported that Jackson aides told medics at the UCLA emergency room that the star had collapsed after an injection of the drug Demerol, a powerful painkiller which is similar to morphine and which is known to come with the risk of cardiac arrest.
“Shortly after taking the Demerol he started to experience slow shallow breathing," the newspaper quoted one source as saying. “His breathing gradually got slower and slower until it stopped."

......THE BOSS......

"Always be yourself because the people who mind don't matter, and the people who matter don't mind"

GD

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by kingcolemk on Fri 26 Jun 2009, 12:47 pm

Please let's not have a lot of crocodile tears for this ghastly man.

kingcolemk

Male
Number of posts : 1040
Registration date : 2008-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Anomiso on Fri 26 Jun 2009, 12:50 pm

May the rest in peace!
Anomiso

Female
Number of posts : 1968
Registration date : 2009-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by karma on Fri 26 Jun 2009, 2:31 pm

No 'crocodile tears' but we all only know what we read about him...some people appear to have known him personally from some of the comments I've read.....well it is so easy to judge!!!!
Female
Job/hobbies : travelling
Humor : warped (or so my friends inform me)

Back to top Go down

Post by technophobe on Fri 26 Jun 2009, 3:32 pm

It is easy to judge when it's accepted in a court of law that he had 7 year old boys in his bed.

technophobe

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by karma on Fri 26 Jun 2009, 4:30 pm

Doesn't mean he molested them and their parents let them go willingly - and accepted payment (bit like prostitution by proxy) ..... who is in the wrong here.....

I am not a fan of his - just a human being that dislikes 'trial by media'......... :x
Female

Back to top Go down

Post by kingcolemk on Fri 26 Jun 2009, 5:10 pm

So I trust you were as disgusted as I was by the media trials and humiliation of Neil Hamilton, Geoffery Archer and Johnathon Aitkins.

kingcolemk

Male
Number of posts : 1040
Registration date : 2008-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post by karma on Fri 26 Jun 2009, 6:42 pm

who???
Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Thistle on Fri 26 Jun 2009, 6:48 pm

technophobe wrote:
Thistle wrote:another angel for the sky r.i.p

Is that some kind of sick joke?

Angel? A grown man who took pre-pubescent boys into his bed can hardly be referred to in that way.

technophope,i think if you took as much time to read a post/thread as you do to berate people you would see that i was talking about farah fawcette and not michael jackson.
: make fun1 :
Thistle

Female
Job/hobbies : housewife,mother,gardener,
Humor : sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by technophobe on Mon 29 Jun 2009, 9:42 am

My apologies Thistle, the heading on your post said RIP Michael Jackson, which is why I assumed that's who your post referred to.

I agree about Farrah Fawcett, she was a beautiful woman. It is truly amazing how her death has virtually been ignored in order that the media can devote seemingly unlimited time and resources to the death of a paedophile.

technophobe

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by wayside on Mon 29 Jun 2009, 1:42 pm

That's the problem when Thread Titles get changed, I have always found it a bit strange that its done on here I don't see that happen on other forums probably for that reason.

Both Micheal and Farrah left us too early and I am sure they are both in a better place.
wayside

Male
Number of posts : 700
Humor : If Its Funny, Its Funny
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by GD on Mon 29 Jun 2009, 2:01 pm

Sorry everyone, the title was always changed at the time a death was announced.

With this latest sudden deaths of two star's it has caused confusion.

As from now on, no name will be mentioned in the title, hopefully this will stop further mix ups

GD

......THE BOSS......

GD

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by GD on Wed 01 Jul 2009, 8:49 pm

Actress Mollie Sugden has died at the age of 86, her agent has said.

The TV star, best known for playing Mrs Slocombe in long-running BBC sitcom Are You Being Served?, died at the Royal Surrey Hospital after a long illness.

The Yorkshire-born actress's twin sons, Robin and Simon Moore, were at her bedside, agent Joan Reddin said.

David Croft, one of the writers of Are You Being Served?, remembered her as a "marvellous character" who would never turn down chances to make people laugh.

"She would never refuse any sort of comedy situation no matter how undignified it was she would always go along with it. She was marvellously funny," he said.

'Lovely person'

Ms Reddin, who began representing Sugden in the 1960s, said the actress had become a "very close friend".

"She had had a long illness and various problems but it was very quick in the end. Her twin boys were with her and she faded away.

"She was a lovely, lovely person and I never had any trouble with her. She was a great professional."

Mollie Sugden had a long and successful acting career
Sugden, who lived in Surrey, was married to fellow actor William Moore.

But she never fully recovered from his death nine years ago, Ms Reddin said.

"They were very much in love. She started to go down when he died."

Born in Keighley, West Yorkshire, in 1922, Sugden attended the local grammar school before training at the Guildhall School of Music and Drama.

She went on to serve a long apprenticeship in repertory theatre before television gave her a taste of fame - and it was while treading the boards in 1956 that she met her husband.

They married two years later, when she was 35 and he was 39. Their twin sons were born six years later.

TV break

Sugden found early TV success with comedy series Hugh and I in 1962 and in Coronation Street as the gossiping Nellie Harvey.

But it was The Liver Birds in the late 1960s and early 1970s that enabled her to make her first real impact, as Nerys Hughes' snobbish mother Mrs Hutchinson.

And then in 1972 came Are You Being Served? and the role she became best known for - the blue-rinsed Betty Slocombe, with her affectation of middle-class gentility and her outrageous use of the double-entendre.

Sugden went on to have her own slot on consumer programme That's Life and even found new fame in the US where re-runs of Are You Being Served? transformed both Sugden and co-star John Inman into cult figures in the early 1990s. (BBC News)

......THE BOSS......

GD

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by karma on Wed 01 Jul 2009, 8:58 pm

R.I.P. Molly - I trust you will now be reunited with your beloved 'pussy'.....
Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Thistle on Wed 01 Jul 2009, 9:09 pm

R.I.P Molly you always made me laugh so now you will be making the angels titter xxx
Thistle

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Anomiso on Thu 02 Jul 2009, 1:41 am

R.I.P. Molly
You gave us a lot of pleasure.
Anomiso

Female
Number of posts : 1968
Registration date : 2009-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Thistle on Thu 02 Jul 2009, 8:57 am

RIP karl malden

He received his Academy Award for playing Mitch in the 1951 film “A Streetcar Named Desire,” a role he originated on Broadway. Two decades later, he starred in the 1970s TV series "The Streets of San Francisco" with Michael Douglas, then in his late 20s.

In a statement to The Times, Douglas called Malden a "mentor" whom he "admired and loved" deeply.

For more than 20 years, Malden was the spokesman for American Express travelers checks who turned "Don't leave home without them" into a national catchphrase in a series of commercials that debuted in 1973.
Thistle

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by karma on Thu 02 Jul 2009, 9:25 am

R.I.P. Karl Malden - even if, as is so often the case with celebrity status, I never heard of you until you died........
Female

Back to top Go down

Post by GD on Sun 19 Jul 2009, 10:03 pm

Henry Surtees, the son of 1964 Formula 1 world champion John Surtees, has died following an accident in a Formula 2 race at Brands Hatch on Sunday.

During the second of the weekend's races, the 18-year-old was struck on the head by a wheel and tyre from the car of Jack Clarke, who had spun into the wall exiting Westfield Bend.

Surtees was knocked unconscious in the accident and his car failed to negotiate the following Sheene Corner, running straight off the track and into the barrier.

Medical crews were swiftly on the scene to extract Surtees from the car, before he was taken to the track's medical centre. He was stabilised at the circuit's facility before being airlifted to the Royal London hospital.

A spokesperson for the hospital this evening confirmed that Surtees had died from his injuries.

Surtees graduated to F2 this season from Formula Renault and had taken his first podium finish in the series with third place in Saturday's race at Brands Hatch.

His step up to the category came after several seasons in karts, which included victory in the Junior Gearbox Championship in 2005, before a graduation to car racing in the Ginetta Junior Championship in 2006.

He switched to single seaters in 2007, taking a race victory in Formula BMW UK for Carlin Motorsport en route to seventh overall in the standings - and second in the rookie cup.

He also made a brief foray into the Formula Renault UK championship that year, contesting the final two rounds at Thruxton as well as the Winter Series.

In 2008 he remained in Formula Renault, taking 12th in the final standings before finishing runner-up in the Winter Series with one victory and three podiums from four races. He also contested last year's British Formula 3 season finale in a National Class car for Carlin, taking one victory and one podium. (from BBC news)

R.I.P...

......THE BOSS......

GD

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dell on Mon 20 Jul 2009, 7:18 am

RIP Henry...

"Lovely Jubbly - Cushty - Rodney, you plonker - This time next year we'll be millionaires!" Dell Trotter
Dell

Male
Number of posts : 4468
Humor : Yes please!
Registration date : 2008-12-31

Back to top Go down

Post by GD on Sat 25 Jul 2009, 3:30 pm

The last British survivor of the World War I trenches, Harry Patch, has died at the age of 111.

Mr Patch was conscripted into the Army aged 18 and fought in the Battle of Passchendaele at Ypres in 1917 in which more than 70,000 British soldiers died.

He was raised in Combe Down, near Bath, and had been living at a care home in Wells, Somerset.

The only British survivor of World War I is now Claude Choules, who is aged 108 and lives in Perth, Australia.

'Great man'

Mr Choules, who is originally from Worcestershire, saw service with the Royal Navy.

Henry Allingham, who served in the navy and the RAF in WWI, died at the age of 113 a week ago.

Prince Charles spoke of the terrible conditions faced by soldiers during WWI
Mr Patch's biographer Richard Van Emden said he passed away at 0850 BST on Saturday morning.

Prime Minister Gordon Brown said: "I had the honour of meeting Harry, and I share his family's grief at the passing of a great man.

"I know that the whole nation will unite today to honour the memory, and to take pride in the generation that fought the Great War.

"The noblest of all the generations has left us, but they will never be forgotten. We say today with still greater force - 'We will remember them'."

'Remained loyal'

The Prince of Wales said nothing could give him greater pride than paying tribute to Mr Patch.

He told the BBC: "Harry was involved in numerous bouts of heavy fighting on the front line but amazingly remained unscathed for a while.

VERIFIED WWI VETERANS
Claude Choules, 108 - British (lives in Australia)
John Babcock, 109 - Canadian
Frank Buckles, 108 - American
"Tragically one night in September 1917 when in the morass in the Ypres Salient a German shrapnel shell burst overhead badly wounding Harry and killing three of his closest friends.

"In spite of the comparatively short time that he served with the Duke of Cornwall's Light Infantry, Harry always cherished the extraordinary camaraderie that the appalling conditions engendered in the battalion and remained loyal to the end."

Chief of the General Staff, General Sir Richard Dannatt, said: "He was the last of a generation that in youth was steadfast in its duty in the face of cruel sacrifice and we give thanks for his life - as well as those of his comrades - for upholding the same values and freedom that we continue to cherish and fight for today."

'Rewarding people'

Mr Patch was born on 17 June 1898 and left school at the age of 15 to train as a plumber.

He was a machine-gunner in the trenches and served as a private from June to September 1917.

Mr Patch was conscripted into the Army aged 18
Mr Patch was at the time of his death the oldest man in Europe and the third oldest man in the world, according to the Ministry of Defence.

He was married twice, first in 1919 in Hadley, Shropshire, to Ada which lasted 60 years, and then to Jean when he was 81. He had two sons with Ada, Dennis and Roy, both of whom he outlived.

Mr Van Emden said Mr Patch "had a sparkle about him" and was "one of the most rewarding people to be with".

"He was the last of that generation and the poignancy of that is almost overwhelming. He remembered all of those who died and suffered and every time he was honoured he knew it was for all of those who fought," he said.

'True gentleman'

Mr Patch's friend Lesley Ross said she felt great affection towards him.

BATTLE OF PASSCHENDAELE
The battle lasted from 31 July to 6 November 1917
An initial bombardment of German positions involved 4.5m shells and 3,000 guns
The battle was infamous for the mud - shelling had churned clay soil and smashed drains
The heaviest rain for 30 years made the mud so deep that men and horses drowned
The battle ended when British and Canadian forces captured Passchendaele
The village was barely five miles beyond the starting point of the offensive
There were a total of 325,000 Allied and 260,000 German casualties
"Extremely modest, dignified gentleman, with a slightly wicked sense of humour and considerate to everybody he met. Very polite and I would sum him up as a true gentleman," she said.

The Ministry of Defence said there would be a funeral cortege through Wells followed by a service at Wells Cathedral.

The Fletcher House care home said in a statement it extended its deepest sympathies to Mr Patch's family and friends.

Andrew Larpent, chief executive of Somerset Care, said Mr Patch died peacefully in his bed having been unwell for some time.

"His friends and his family have been here. He just quietly slipped away at 9am this morning," he said.

"It was how he would have wanted it, without having to be moved to hospitals but here, peacefully with his friends and carers." (from BBC News)

......THE BOSS......

GD

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Thistle on Sat 25 Jul 2009, 3:57 pm

R.I.P Harry Patch.