Post by kingcolemk on Mon 26 Mar 2012, 9:25 am

It is smoking related.

kingcolemk

Number of posts : 1040
Registration date : 2008-12-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Celebrity R.I.P

Post by karma on Mon 26 Mar 2012, 12:01 pm

So if we don't smoke or drink we will live forever ????? when I was young, all adverts told us how glamorous it was to smoke (remember Audrey Hepburn's loooooooong cigarette holder?) and drink (remember BabyCham and the cute little Bambi???)....my darling cousin died last year of Liver Cancer and she never drank alcohol and certainly didn't smoke..........answers please!!!!

Number of posts : 16109
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by trucker on Mon 26 Mar 2012, 12:56 pm

poor guy know how he must have felt. i have been diagnosed with COPD smoking is a big cause and i know i am partly to blame. Although i stopped in 2006 i have still developed this crippling condition. i guees working in a road making squad didn't help either. Fumes from up to 500 tons of tar a day. certainly no help.

trucker

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2009-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by karma on Mon 26 Mar 2012, 7:48 pm

Yes, some jobs do not help at all - I worked in the so called hospitality trade for years and sometimes in the restaurants and bars you could not see across the room for the amount of smoked filling it - so I smoked whether I wanted to or not.....and I should think Jocky Wilson got his fill of other people's smoke as well as his own........R.I.P.

Back to top Go down

Post by GD on Fri 06 Apr 2012, 2:03 pm

Jim Marshall, who created the famous ‘Marshall’ amps, has died aged 88. Fair to say his amps revolutionised rock and roll.

GD

Number of posts : 10122
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Post by GD on Fri 06 Apr 2012, 2:04 pm

Ferdinand Alexander Porsche, who designed and unveiled to the world the first Porsche 911, has died in Salzburg, Austria, a spokesman said. He was 76.

The death was announced Thursday by Matthias Muller, president of Porsche AG, who credited the late designer with establishing a "design that is a legacy."

......THE BOSS......

"Always be yourself because the people who mind don't matter, and the people who matter don't mind"

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
GD

Male
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by kingcolemk on Fri 06 Apr 2012, 2:22 pm

GD wrote:Jim Marshall, who created the famous ‘Marshall’ amps, has died aged 88. Fair to say his amps revolutionised rock and roll.

A near neighbour of mine. A wonderful man who generously supported many local organizations, including the football club.

kingcolemk

Male
Number of posts : 1040
Registration date : 2008-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post by karma on Fri 06 Apr 2012, 10:15 pm

R.I.P. Jim
Female
Job/hobbies : travelling
Humor : warped (or so my friends inform me)

Back to top Go down

Post by GD on Thu 19 Apr 2012, 9:05 pm

Levon Helm, key member of The Band, dies at 71

......THE BOSS......

"Always be yourself because the people who mind don't matter, and the people who matter don't mind"

GD

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by GD on Fri 20 Apr 2012, 12:06 pm

Influential guitarist Bert Weedon, best known for creating the popular tutorial manual Play In A Day, has died aged 91.

Eric Clapton, Paul McCartney and Brian May are among the stars who learned to play guitar from his books.

......THE BOSS......

GD

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by karma on Fri 20 Apr 2012, 12:59 pm

RIP Bert - your music will live on ................
Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Thistle on Fri 20 Apr 2012, 6:06 pm

RIP Bert your music will live on and on xx
Thistle

Female
Number of posts : 10987
Job/hobbies : housewife,mother,gardener,
Humor : sometimes
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by GD on Thu 10 May 2012, 9:50 am

Celebrity hair stylist Vidal Sassoon, who revolutionised women's cuts in the 1960s with his sharp geometric styles, has died at his home in Los Angeles aged 84.

Police were called to Sassoon's mansion on Mulholland Drive, Beverly Hills, at about 10.30am on Wednesday where they found the stylist dead.

A police spokesman said they determined he died of natural causes and there would be no further investigation. Sassoon was reported last year to have been suffering from leukaemia

......THE BOSS......

GD

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by GD on Thu 17 May 2012, 5:35 pm

NEW YORK (AP) -- Disco queen Donna Summer, whose pulsing anthems such as "Last Dance," "Love to Love You Baby" and "Bad Girls" became the soundtrack for a glittery age of sex, drugs, dance and flashy clothes, has died. She was 63.

Her family released a statement Thursday saying Summer died and that they "are at peace celebrating her extraordinary life and her continue legacy."

Summer gained prominence during the disco era of the 1970s, and released a number of albums that have reach gold or platinum status, including the multiplatinum "Bad Girls" and "On the Radio, Volume I & II." Her No. 1 Billboard Hot 100 hits include "Hot Stuff" and "MacArthur Park."

Her sound was a mix of genres, and helped her earn Grammy Awards in the dance, rock, R&B and inspirational categories.

She released her last album, "Crayons," in 2008. She also performed on "American Idol" that year with its top female contestants.

......THE BOSS......

GD

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by GD on Sun 20 May 2012, 12:17 pm

Crowded House drummer Peter Jones has died at the age of 45.

According to newspaper reports, the British-born musician had been suffering from brain cancer.

A statement published on the Australian band's website read: "We are in mourning today for the death of Pete Jones.

"We remember him as a warm-hearted, funny and talented man, who was a valuable member of Crowded House. He played with style and spirit."

It continued: "We salute him and send our love and best thoughts to his family and friends."

......THE BOSS......

GD

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by karma on Sun 20 May 2012, 11:52 pm

Robin Gibb Co-founder of the Bee Gees passed away today age 62 after a long battle with Liver Cancer................... R.I.P. Robin you will be missed.
Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Thistle on Mon 21 May 2012, 8:11 am

R.I.P Robin Gibb you were one of the greats xx
Thistle

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpy on Mon 16 Jul 2012, 9:38 pm

Deep Purple star Lord dies at 71

English rocker Jon Lord, who founded Deep Purple and co-wrote their most famous song, Smoke On The Water, has died aged 71.

The Leicester-born keyboard player, who had pancreatic cancer, died in London today.

A statement on his website said he had passed "from Darkness to Light".

The statement said Lord was "surrounded by his loving family" when he died.

Last year, Lord told fans he was "fighting cancer and will therefore be taking a break from performing while getting the treatment and cure".

In a message on his website dated August 9, 2011, he added: "I shall of course be continuing to write music - in my world it just has to be part of the therapy - and I fully expect to be back in good shape next year."

Lord started playing the piano in his family home and took classical music lessons before turning to jazz and rock 'n' roll.

He moved to London at 19 to go to drama school, but was soon playing piano in pubs and bars and in 1964 joined cult blues band the Artwoods - formed by Ronnie Wood's brother Art.

The band were critical favourites but never translated that into commercial success and split up.

Lord then went on tour with manufactured psychedelic pop combo The Flowerpot Men, who had scored a hit with Let's Go To San Francisco, before joining Deep Purple in 1968.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Alpy

Male
Number of posts : 3484
Humor : 'Humor is reason gone mad' G.Marx
Registration date : 2009-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Thistle on Tue 17 Jul 2012, 7:53 am

rocking with the angels ..R.I.P.
Thistle

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Thistle on Sat 25 Aug 2012, 9:08 pm

Neil Armstrong one huge step for mankind R.I.P.
Thistle

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Thistle on Sat 01 Sep 2012, 7:12 pm

R.I.PMax Bygraves 89 years young
Thistle

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by karma on Sun 02 Sep 2012, 10:24 am

R.I.P. Max
Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Mischas on Sun 02 Sep 2012, 1:14 pm

I'm going to show my age now. I loved listening to Max, had quite a few of his LP's. RIP Max.

Mischas

Female
Number of posts : 96
Job/hobbies : Accounts Manager
Registration date : 2008-08-03

Back to top Go down

Post by GD on Wed 07 Nov 2012, 5:37 pm

Actor Clive Dunn, best known for his role as Lance Corporal "Jonesy" Jones in Dad's Army, has died aged 92.

He was in Portugal and died from complications following an operation.

Dunn - whose famous catchphrases included "Don't panic, don't panic" and "They don't like it up 'em" - became a recording star in 1971 when his record, Grandad, reached number one.

He is survived by his wife Priscilla Morgan and their two daughters, Jessica and Polly.

Born in London in January 1920, Dunn studied at the Italia Conti Academy of Theatre Arts.

He made his first foray into acting in the 1930s, appearing alongside Will Hay in Boys Will Be Boys in 1935 and Good Morning Boys in 1937.

Dunn's autobiography, Permission to Speak, was titled after one of Jonesy's catchphrases
His acting career was interrupted by World War II, during which he spent four years as a German prisoner.

The actor would later say that Dad's Army, which ran from 1968 to 1977, was his revenge on his former captors.

The much-loved show featured the exploits of a Home Guard platoon formed to protect the seaside village of Walmington-on-Sea from possible German attack during World War II.

As well as Dad's Army, Dunn also appeared in such TV shows as Bootsie and Snudge, My Old Man and Grandad.

His last screen credit came playing the Shakespearean clown Verges in a 1984 TV version of Much Ado About Nothing.

He spent his last three decades in Portugal, where he occupied himself as an artist painting portraits, landscapes and seascapes until his sight failed.

Dunn, who was awarded an OBE in 1975, spent much of his acting life playing characters older than himself.

Even at 19 he played a doddery old man in a production of JM Barrie's play Mary Rose.

Dunn's agent, Peter Charlesworth, said he would be "sorely missed" and that his death was "a real loss to the acting profession".

Broadcaster Stephen Fry also paid tribute, saying he was "saddened to hear of the death of Clive Dunn, the immortal Corporal Jones from Dad's Army".

Referring to Dunn's hit song Grandad, Father Ted writer Graham Linehan tweeted: "I love that he recorded this, then lived another 41 years."

......THE BOSS......

GD

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Thistle on Wed 07 Nov 2012, 9:11 pm

R.I.P CLIVE DUNN X
Thistle

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by GD on Fri 09 Nov 2012, 7:03 pm

Actor Bill Tarmey, who played Jack Duckworth in ITV soap opera Coronation Street, has died.

Tarmey, 71, left the soap in 2010 after more than 30 years in the show.

His family confirmed that he died in Tenerife, Spain, on Friday, and asked for "privacy as they grieve for a wonderful husband, father and brother".

Liz Dawn, who played his on-screen wife Vera Duckworth, said: "You couldn't wish to meet a more lovely man and a true gentleman."

A statement from Coronation Street said the cast, crew and production team were "devastated" to learn of his death.

"Our thoughts and prayers are with Bill's wife and soulmate Ali and their family at this very sad time," it said.

Tarmey was married to his childhood sweetheart Alison for 50 years and they had two children.

......THE BOSS......

GD

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dell on Sat 24 Nov 2012, 8:20 am

RIP Larry Hagman, aka JR

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

"Lovely Jubbly - Cushty - Rodney, you plonker - This time next year we'll be millionaires!" Dell Trotter
Dell

Male
Number of posts : 4468
Humor : Yes please!
Registration date : 2008-12-31

Back to top Go down

Post by kat on Sat 24 Nov 2012, 9:59 am

Its those eyebrows ... RIP
kat

Female
Number of posts : 1850
Job/hobbies : bbbbbbbbbbb
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by GD on Sun 09 Dec 2012, 1:26 pm

British astronomer and broadcaster Sir Patrick Moore has died at his home at the age of 89, a group of his friends and staff say.

The broadcaster "passed away peacefully at 12.25pm this afternoon", in Selsey, West Sussex, they said in a statement.

It added: "After a short spell in hospital last week, it was determined that no further treatment would benefit him, and it was his wish to spend his last days in his own home, Farthings, where he today passed on, in the company of close friends and carers and his cat Ptolemy."

......THE BOSS......

GD

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by steve177 on Wed 12 Dec 2012, 8:54 pm

Ravi Shankar. Sitar legend and all round cool guy.

steve177

Male
Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2009-12-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 17 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum