Celebrity R.I.P

Page 2 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next

Go down

Re: Celebrity R.I.P

Post by kingcolemk on Thu 26 Feb 2009, 7:27 pm

I met her just once. In Woolworths checkout queue in................. Geurnsey of all places. I believe she used to spend quite a bit of time in the CI s.

kingcolemk

Number of posts : 1040
Registration date : 2008-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Chok Dee Ja on Fri 27 Feb 2009, 3:05 am

R.I.P

Chok Dee Ja

Number of posts : 1537
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Dell on Fri 27 Feb 2009, 5:57 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

A genuine lady of the small screen.

Dell

Number of posts : 4468
Registration date : 2008-12-31

Back to top Go down

Post by GD on Sun 08 Mar 2009, 9:52 pm

Magician Ali Bongo, who made numerous appearances on television, has died aged 79 after suffering a stroke.
Bongo - whose real name was William Wallace - also acted as a consultant on programmes including The Paul Daniels Magic Show and Jonathan Creek.
The BBC drama's creator David Renwick once said that Bongo's work had inspired its lead character.
He became president of The Magic Circle in September and had been giving a lecture in Paris when he fell ill.
Bongo's other screen appearances included 1970s children's shows Pauline's Quirkes and The Tomorrow People.
'Great entertainment'
He also fronted Ali Bongo's Cartoon Carnival, which ran for nine episodes on the BBC in 1971.
His ability to devise and demonstrate tricks led to to work with TV magicians including as assistant to David Nixon, and later with Paul Daniels as his chief consultant.
Bongo also worked with actors, teaching them how to replicate illusions on film, including the BBC's 1999 production of Oliver.
Bongo, who was born in India, also produced a number of books in which he illustrated how to perform magic tricks.
The magician said he was against exposing tricks on television, saying it ruined the fun for budding young illusionists.
"It's rather silly. That spoils it for a great many kids. If their tricks are exposed on TV, they can't show them to their friends.
"Magic is a great entertainment if done professionally and with style," he added.

GD

Number of posts : 10122
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Post by karma on Sun 08 Mar 2009, 9:56 pm

R.I.P. Ali

Number of posts : 16109
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by GD on Tue 17 Mar 2009, 8:37 pm

TRIBUTES have been paid to hotelier George Riach.
Mr Riach (pictured), who had managed Cobo Bay Hotel since 1987, died on Sunday after a short illness.
He was on his annual holiday to Thailand when he became ill with a perforated bowel. Despite being put on dialysis, he did not recover and the decision was taken to turn off his life support.
Dave Nussbaumer, who owns the hotel, said Mr Riach was one of a kind.
‘He joined us in May 1987 and our son Jamie was born a month later,’ he said.
‘He would look after him while we did lunch. He did the same thing in 1989 when Luke was born. He used to try to get them off to sleep and when they got older he would take them off to the shops. He was like another father to them.’
He was well known to hotel residents and diners in the restaurant, always insisting on calling them sir or madam.
‘He was a real entertainer,’ said Julia Nussbaumer (from thisisguernsey)

OK some of you may think it might be a strange post to make, but I considered George a "Celebrity" he was a real gentleman and I am sure that he will very much missed by many...

......THE BOSS......

"Always be yourself because the people who mind don't matter, and the people who matter don't mind"

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
GD

Male
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by karma on Tue 17 Mar 2009, 8:39 pm

Indeed - he was Cobo Bay Hotel - RIP George
Female
Job/hobbies : travelling
Humor : warped (or so my friends inform me)

Back to top Go down

Post by kiwis kitten on Tue 17 Mar 2009, 8:44 pm

I was shocked to hear this news yesterday....

George was definitely "Cobo Bay"...

My First encounter of him was in 2000 ...

He was the maitre'd at my brothers wedding...

He kept us entertained ...he was a real character :)

He will be missed by many ...

R.I.P George Riach

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

~Desire Makes Me Weak~
Sexy Isn't what u wear.... Its How U take it off
kiwis kitten

Female
Number of posts : 13377

Back to top Go down

Post by Dell on Tue 17 Mar 2009, 9:41 pm

He was the real 'star' at Cobo Bay Hotel, he will be sadly missed! RIP George from your many friends.

"Lovely Jubbly - Cushty - Rodney, you plonker - This time next year we'll be millionaires!" Dell Trotter
Dell

Male
Number of posts : 4468
Humor : Yes please!
Registration date : 2008-12-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Chok Dee Ja on Wed 18 Mar 2009, 12:21 pm

R.I.P

Chok Dee Ja

Male
Number of posts : 1537
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Thistle on Wed 18 Mar 2009, 3:08 pm

RIP Goerge
Thistle

Female
Number of posts : 10987
Job/hobbies : housewife,mother,gardener,
Humor : sometimes
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by GD on Thu 16 Apr 2009, 10:06 am

Broadcaster and former Liberal MP Sir Clement Freud has died aged 84.
A statement from his family said Sir Clement had died on Wednesday evening at his London home.
He is survived by his wife of 59 years, the actress Jill Freud, five children and 17 grandchildren. His funeral will be held next week.
A grandson of psychoanalyst Sigmund Freud, Sir Clement had a varied career as a cookery expert, press columnist and radio game show contestant.
Renowned for his lugubrious expression and mournful voice, he was a regular panellist on the BBC's Just a Minute for more than 30 years.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Comedian Tony Hawks, another regular on the long-running Radio 4 show, remembered him being a "formidable" character.
"I had listened to the show as a boy, so meeting him was like meeting a hero," he told BBC Breakfast.
"You always knew he would be a challenging performer. Through his great intellect he'd always bring out the best in you."
Writer and broadcaster Stephen Fry has also paid tribute, remembering Sir Clement as an "immensely generous, benevolent and charming man".
"My favourite memory is of him in full flow on Just a Minute, still able to trip up people a quarter of his age," he told Radio 4's Today programme.
Idiosyncratic
Born in 1924, the young Clement Freud began his career in the hotel business before turning to journalism.
He started writing on cookery for newspapers and magazines in the 1950s, later expanding into a variety of subjects, including sport.
His idiosyncratic pet food commercials with Henry the dog, first broadcast in the 1960s, launched him on a long career as a television and radio personality.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] He was a regular panellist on BBC Radio 4's Just a Minute

His political career began in 1973, when - against the odds - he won the Isle of Ely constituency for the Liberal Party.
Ten years later he transferred to North East Cambridgeshire, a seat he held until 1987. He was knighted the same year.
Sir Clement worked for a string of titles, including the Observer, the Daily Telegraph and the Daily Express.
Last year he wrote about his death in The Times, claiming his relatives would want to inherit his wine.

......THE BOSS......

"Always be yourself because the people who mind don't matter, and the people who matter don't mind"

GD

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Thistle on Thu 16 Apr 2009, 5:13 pm

he was such a strange but funny guy RIP
Thistle

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by karma on Thu 16 Apr 2009, 7:14 pm

RIP CLEMENT
Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Simple Me on Thu 16 Apr 2009, 10:31 pm

He would of never stood a chance of being celebrity chef in today's world his voice was so boring..

Simple Me

Male
Number of posts : 116
Registration date : 2008-10-24

Back to top Go down

Post by x360 on Fri 17 Apr 2009, 5:36 pm

heard he fell in the bath, some are saying it was a freudian slip Razz

x360

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2008-06-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Thistle on Fri 17 Apr 2009, 6:51 pm

pmsl @x360
Thistle

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by GD on Tue 02 Jun 2009, 9:28 am

Entertainer Danny La Rue has died at his home in Kent at the age of 81, his spokeswoman has said.
"Danny died peacefully in his sleep just before midnight last night after a short illness," she said.
"His beloved companion Annie Galbraith was with him at their home in Kent," she added.
La Rue had been ill with cancer. He made a career out of his vaudeville drag act although he disliked being called a drag artist.
La Rue preferred the term "comic in a frock".
Famous fan
Entertainer Bruce Forsyth called La Rue "a great comic with great timing".

Actress Barbara Windsor paid tribute to La Rue, saying "he's always been the star"

"When Danny was younger, you didn't know if it was a beautiful girl or a very handsome man... but in those days you wouldn't have thought a female impersonator could even be a really big name in showbusiness, but he proved everybody wrong.
"He always looked so beautiful in these gowns and wigs he wore, he looked fabulous, and he'd say, 'Good evening all' in that lovely deep other voice he had," added Forsyth.
EastEnders actress Barbara Windsor, a friend of La Rue since the age of 18, said she was "devastated" by his death, and last saw him three weeks ago.
"He kept having a little snooze and coming back and saying 'You won't go, will you?'"
The actress said that she told him how handsome he was looking, to which La Rue responded, asking if she "fancied a bit, then?" which were his last words to her.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
La Rue suffered a stroke in 2006

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Broadcaster Nicholas Parsons said: "We have lost a great performer and a real trouper. And he could hold audiences in the palm of his hand."
La Rue made few appearances on television, but played a leading role in keeping the traditions of music hall and pantomime alive.
In the 1970s and 1980s, La Rue was the most famous female impersonator in the world and was at one time the highest-paid entertainer in Britain, according to The Stage newspaper.
He received an OBE from the Queen at Buckingham Palace in 2002 who admitted to being a long-time fan of the entertainer.
La Rue, who was born Daniel Patrick Carroll in Cork in the Irish Republic, moved to London with his mother when he was nine.
He first donned his wig and eyelashes during a naval concert party, having been sent to Singapore as part of Lord Mountbatten's invasion task force towards the end of World War II.
He went on to become a West End cabaret star and was the first female impersonator to appear at the Royal Variety performance in front of the Queen.
He was appointed an OBE in 2002.

He was a great entertainer ... R.I.P

......THE BOSS......

GD

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by karma on Tue 02 Jun 2009, 9:33 am

R.I.P. Danny - remembering some of your live shows in the West End - what an entertainer.....
Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Thistle on Tue 02 Jun 2009, 12:27 pm

took my mum to see him in guernsey many many years ago.a great entertainer .RIP
Thistle

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Anomiso on Tue 02 Jun 2009, 12:48 pm

I remember him too...used to watch in on TV in Guernsey...
Sad to hear of is passing R.I.P
Anomiso

Female
Number of posts : 1968
Registration date : 2009-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by GD on Thu 04 Jun 2009, 5:45 pm

American actor David Carradine has been found dead in a Bangkok, Thailand, hotel, according to his personal manager, Chuck Binder.

David Carradine became famous in the 1970s after starring in the television series "Kung Fu."

Binder said that the death is being investigated but could provide no other details.

Carradine's death was "shocking and sad. He was full of life, always wanting to work ... a great person," Binder said, according to People magazine.

Carradine, who became famous in the 1970s when he starred as traveling Shaolin monk Kwai Chang Caine in the television series "Kung Fu," was 72.

Modern audiences may best know him as "Bill" in Quentin Tarantino's "Kill Bill" films. He earned a 2005 Golden Globe nomination for his role in the second movie in the two-part saga. ne

His career included more than 100 feature films, two dozen television movies and theater work, according to the Internet Movie Database.

Carradine was nominated for a Golden Globe for his role as folk music legend Woody Guthrie in the 1976 movie "Bound For Glory," according to a biography on his official Web site.

He also made appearances in television series including "Gunsmoke" and "Alfred Hitchcock Presents." His first starring role in a series was as the title character in "Shane" in 1966.

Carradine, who was married five times and divorced four, is survived by his widow, Annie Bierman, according to People magazine.

He was the son of actor John Carradine, a character actor who had appeared in hundreds of films, plays and television episodes

He was a legend, and may he R.I.P

......THE BOSS......

GD

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by kiwis kitten on Thu 04 Jun 2009, 5:48 pm

Ahhhh Grasshopper.......... I loved Kung Fu ....

RIP

~Desire Makes Me Weak~
kiwis kitten

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit on Thu 04 Jun 2009, 5:57 pm

Kinky kung fu was found in a cupboard with a rope around his neck and crown jewels.

"The further the spiritual evolution of mankind advances, the more certain it seems to me that the path to genuine religiosity does not lie through the fear of life, and the fear of death, and blind faith, but through striving after rational knowledge."
Spirit

Male
Number of posts : 3053
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post by kiwis kitten on Thu 04 Jun 2009, 6:19 pm

No way...LOL :)

~Desire Makes Me Weak~
kiwis kitten

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by karma on Thu 04 Jun 2009, 7:10 pm

Way to go says GlassHopper ... R.I.P.
Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Thistle on Fri 05 Jun 2009, 7:13 am

another great actor gone to the hollwood in the skies rip david
Thistle

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by GD on Thu 25 Jun 2009, 6:34 pm

Actress Farrah Fawcett, who became an icon of 1970s US television, has died of cancer in Los Angeles aged 62, her spokesman has confirmed.
Fawcett is best known for starring in Charlie's Angels, and in later years for hard-hitting TV and stage roles.
Her battle with illness was chronicled in the television documentary Farrah's Story earlier this year.
The screen star's long-term partner, actor Ryan O'Neal, recently disclosed they would finally get married.
Fawcett was previously married to Lee Majors, star of The Six Million Dollar Man, from 1973 to 1982.
She and O'Neal have one son, Redmond, who is serving a prison sentence for drug offences.
As Fawcett's career was taking off, she posed in a red bathing suit for a poster which went on to sell several million copies.
Her tousled blonde locks, made famous by her role in Charlie's Angels, were emulated by fans across the globe.
The actress earned a string of Emmy and Golden Globe nominations for her small screen roles, but never won one of the major awards.
In 1995, she was honoured with a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. (from BBC News)

Gone to be one of Gods "Angels" R.I.P.

......THE BOSS......

GD

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Thistle on Thu 25 Jun 2009, 7:59 pm

another angel for the sky r.i.p
Thistle

Female

Back to top Go down

R.I.P.

Post by karma on Fri 26 Jun 2009, 1:43 am

Michael Jackson
Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next