Waste tender row rumbles on as firm says it was excluded

Go down

Waste tender row rumbles on as firm says it was excluded

Post by GD on Tue 29 Jul 2008, 11:53 am

ANOTHER local company has claimed it has been excluded from the tendering process to build a waste facility in the island.
Total Waste last night presented its plans to deputies ahead of tomorrow’s debate. Its claims follow a similar allegation by Island Waste, which said it had been misled in the expressions of interest about what was required.
Island Waste’s application was rejected as inadequate and the Public Services Department denied the allegation. Total Waste’s Steve Le Cheminant said he wanted his company’s ideas to be made public.
‘Public Services have precluded us from tendering for the waste contract, therefore we have little option other than direct public disclosure,’ he said. ‘They cited the fact that we had little experience in waste management. We realise this and have used European market-leading manufacturers and suppliers – who all offer training courses for our operators – they all offer technical assistance and advice and are local, so ideal for quick responses to any problems.
‘In recent examples of experienced companies undertaking States contracts, it seems that experienced companies make you pay for that experience. And they don’t always deliver a superior service.’ (from thisisguernsey)

Sounds like a typical States Planning....

......THE BOSS......

"Always be yourself because the people who mind don't matter, and the people who matter don't mind"

GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Waste tender row rumbles on as firm says it was excluded

Post by Total Waste on Thu 31 Jul 2008, 6:32 pm

Now that Bernie has been caught telling porkies to the States, I wonder if any Deputies will call for a re-vote on yesterdays sursis and ammendments. After all, these votes were taken after Bernie had spent all day assuring the States the figures he was using were accurate. Today he admitted (to gasps from the chamber) that the figures are in fact, estimates.
Add to this the bizarre vote by the Deputies to have a choice of 1, yes 1, tender to choose from.
This should be an open tendering process, that is what tendering is supposed to achieve.
Bernie even had the gaul to call this farce, democracy in action.

Total Waste

Male
Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2008-07-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Barney Gumble on Thu 31 Jul 2008, 6:56 pm

STATES........

S tick
T his
A nd
T ell
E veryone
S hit

blah blah
Barney Gumble

Male
Number of posts : 442
Job/hobbies : Drunkard
Humor : Buuuuuurp!
Registration date : 2008-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Pegasus on Thu 31 Jul 2008, 10:50 pm

Total Waste wrote:Now that Bernie has been caught telling porkies to the States, I wonder if any Deputies will call for a re-vote on yesterdays sursis and ammendments. After all, these votes were taken after Bernie had spent all day assuring the States the figures he was using were accurate. Today he admitted (to gasps from the chamber) that the figures are in fact, estimates.
Add to this the bizarre vote by the Deputies to have a choice of 1, yes 1, tender to choose from.
This should be an open tendering process, that is what tendering is supposed to achieve.
Bernie even had the gaul to call this farce, democracy in action.

Total the waste debate will go on for years until its too late, then like our Jersey crew they will buy the wrong crap
Pegasus

Male
Number of posts : 178
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by GD on Fri 01 Aug 2008, 2:06 pm

THE solution for the island’s waste problem should be known early next year.
It is an issue that has gone unresolved for a decade but deputies yesterday approved Public Services’ waste report, which shortlists seven companies offering a range of solutions – including incineration. The original eight were reduced when two of the firms decided they would work together.
The department will now issue tender documents and minister Bernard Flouquet said it would come back with its preferred bidder by January or February.
Over two days, the report survived some opposition – an attempt to delay it failed by just one vote on Wednesday and an amendment yesterday for three solutions to be brought back for the States to decide upon was lost by just two – but there remains strong opposition to mass-burn incineration.
Members will now attend seminars organised by the department as it moves the tender process on. (from thisisguernsey)

......THE BOSS......

"Always be yourself because the people who mind don't matter, and the people who matter don't mind"

GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Post by wayside on Fri 01 Aug 2008, 9:37 pm

Just goes to show yet again how indecisive our states are, how many of these important votes are won/lost by one or two votes which means nearly half the house is against the decision.
wayside

Male
Number of posts : 700
Humor : If Its Funny, Its Funny
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Burtenshaw on Sun 03 Aug 2008, 8:57 am

the big question here is who gets the free holiday!!!!!

Pete Burtenshaw

Male
Number of posts : 652
Registration date : 2008-03-16

Back to top Go down

Post by gsyguy on Sun 03 Aug 2008, 4:19 pm

ME ME ME give me the free holiday i know ef all about waste so why not send MEEEEEEEE
gsyguy

Male
Number of posts : 214
Job/hobbies : wet/dry/black/sometime down rite rude bnut most of all FUNNY
Registration date : 2008-04-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Burtenshaw on Sun 03 Aug 2008, 7:01 pm

you are not ready for such a venture...........

Pete Burtenshaw

Male
Number of posts : 652
Registration date : 2008-03-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down