Freed English prisoner jailed for Jersey crimes

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Freed English prisoner jailed for Jersey crimes

Post by GD on Mon 28 Jul 2008, 2:57 pm

A MAN freed from an English prison was sentenced to two years at La Moye yesterday after committing five offences in Jersey while still on licence.
Gordon John McCallum (21), who was born in Warwickshire, pleaded guilty in the Royal Court to break-ins at the Peacock Farm headquarters of Le Maistre Bros, in Trinity, and at the Watersplash, in St Ouen, last November.

He stole goods and cash valued at nearly 2,300 and also pleaded guilty to charges of attempting to take and drive away a motor vehicle, possessing a stolen mobile phone and possessing cannabis.

He was sentenced to a two-year driving ban for the motoring offence (from thisisjersey)

The question is will his licence be revoked or will he be allowed to stay in the Island, after he has served his sentence?

The reason I ask this question, is that I know of non-locals who have committed offences, some drug related, still being allowed to stay in Guernsey.

It used to be that once they committed any offence then after thier sentence they were deported.

This is seems is no more, maybe its because of human rights, but to me if they are non-local, and cannot abide by the rules, they should be automatically deported.

Maybe I am "Old Fashioned" in my ideas...

plus another point, how did this man get a licence with criminal convictions?

......THE BOSS......

"Always be yourself because the people who mind don't matter, and the people who matter don't mind"

GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Freed English prisoner jailed for Jersey crimes

Post by Pete Burtenshaw on Tue 29 Jul 2008, 8:15 pm

kick the sons of bitches out of the island for good. They are scum and should not even be allowed into the islands. We have rapists here, men and women with severe criminal records from where they have come from, child abusers, fraudsters, we have em all and we even make one wrong move and we are nicked........human rights.don't make me laugh!!!

Pete Burtenshaw

Male
Number of posts : 652
Registration date : 2008-03-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Pegasus on Tue 29 Jul 2008, 11:06 pm

Pete Burtenshaw wrote:kick the sons of bitches out of the island for good. They are scum and should not even be allowed into the islands. We have rapists here, men and women with severe criminal records from where they have come from, child abusers, fraudsters, we have em all and we even make one wrong move and we are nicked........human rights.don't make me laugh!!!

You can not say that, it makes you a racist"
Pegasus

Male
Number of posts : 178
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by steve 19 on Wed 30 Jul 2008, 12:30 am

Rules are rules, quite clear. If you don't abide by them, you are not required here. Same as anywhere throughout the world.
steve 19

Male
Number of posts : 1272
Job/hobbies : Motorsport
Humor : Hell yes
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Burtenshaw on Wed 30 Jul 2008, 6:55 pm

How does the content of my post make me a racist Pegasus. Why should the islands allow guest workers in who have a criminal background and then go on to commit further crime in the islands it's not a racist coment its fact. We the tax payer foot the bill for both the courts and prison sentance if one is given that is.

Last edited by Pete Burtenshaw on Wed 30 Jul 2008, 6:56 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : missed a bit out.)

Pete Burtenshaw

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Thistle on Thu 31 Jul 2008, 8:06 am

criminal checks should be carried out on all guest workers coming to the island.it costs the taxpayer thousands of pounds to lock these criminals up when the commit offences.bringing back deportation is the way to go and to hell with human rights.you are living in our island obey our laws or go back to where you came from .simple .
Thistle

Female
Number of posts : 10987
Job/hobbies : housewife,mother,gardener,
Humor : sometimes
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Burtenshaw on Thu 31 Jul 2008, 7:03 pm

hear.hear. kick em out and send them back.

Pete Burtenshaw

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top